Suicide Mission

Two Months Later

"Mission members— Kim Taehyung, Kirelei Cross, Jeon Jungkook, Lisa Manoban. How about that? The four top assassins in the League all put together for a suicide mission." Jungkook throws the piece of paper, which indicates the mission details, after he crumples it into a tight ball.

"Hey! That paper had the details we needed for the mission!" When Lisa scolds, Jungkook does nothing but shrug.

"The paper literally had no details, Lisa. Hence the "suicide" mission."

For the entire time Lisa and Jungkook argue back and forth, V doesn't move from the side of the room, his arms crossed as he leans back into the wall. Instead of his usual bandanna, today he has on a beret to pull up his light brown hair. At least someone looks comfortable with this. Of course that would be him.

"The League is more stupid than I thought. Who knows if the mission turns out terribly and none of us get out alive? Then great, because of one mission, they lose their four best assassins."

Jungkook continues to grumble the entire time we prepare, and the only thing keeping him from going full-on complaining mode is Lisa's death stare.

Ever since they'd started dating, Lisa had managed to reduce his irritating levels from a hundred to a ninety. It wasn't much, but hey, she was making progress, and I was grateful for that.

"Kirelei."

Quickly, I grab the bag he throws at me out of thin air. Thankfully, it's a light load— me and V usually don't bring much to missions like these, where we have to focus on staying alive, not getting dragged down by heavy backpacks.

"You better not be late. The leader said we had to be down by five, remember?"

When I remind them, Jungkook finally stands up, swinging the duffel over his shoulder casually. Lisa follows soon after, and I give one last look around the room to check if I forgot anything.

Oh.

I'd almost forgotten my bobby pin.

One place the enemy always forgets to check for potential weapons is inside one's hair.

After tucking it deeply inside my dark locks, I hurry out the door to join the others at the gateway.

"What took you so long?"

V glances at me as I tap his shoulder lightly, letting him know that I'd caught up to them.

I'm pretty sure he already knew, though.

"Just checking some last minute stuff."

He grips my hand tightly as he helps me up the helicopter, which is preparing to take off the ground.

So all we have to do is sneak inside the Palace of Wren, assassinate the Heir to the throne, kill off the last bloodline of the Illeas, and get back home without getting killed, all in a week's time or less.

This was going to be great.