His Wish

"Can I come to the wedding?"

Me and V simultaneously turn to where the voice came from. We weren't alone as we'd thought we were.

Jungkook, the nosy, annoying bunny that always seems to be eavesdropping on us when we're pouring our hearts to each other.

How did I not notice? Some well-trained assassin you are, Kir.

The stupid bunny slaps a hand over his mouth, as if the question had just come out by reflex. But it was too late to change anything now.

We'd all seen and heard him, as clear as day.

"Alright, fine." He throws up his hands in exasperation. "I was eavesdropping, okay? I mean, wouldn't you be curious if your best friend just got back together with a chipmunk?"

I instinctively hold up my hand to hide my blushing face.

"Stupid bunny." I mumble silently. "Stupid, nosy bunny."

"Hey, I heard that, chipmunk. Shouldn't both of you be on your knees right now? It was me who put you back together, you know."

I hiss at V, who looks dumbfounded at his bunny friend, who's apparently claiming his "rightful place of Master Matchmaker", whatever that's supposed to mean.

"I thought this was your idea?"

He looks helpless against my penetrating gaze as he shrugs anxiously.

"Hate to break it to you, but he actually came up with the idea."

"Kim Taehyung!"

He shrugs again, as Jungkook smirks devilishly at the two of us.

"So you guys have to do one thing that I want, however morally difficult it may be."

"And we should listen to you why?"

When V shoots back, Jungkook narrows his eyes at his friend.

"Can't you do one tiny favor for the person that superglued you back together? If it wasn't for me, do you realize that she might've frozen in the cold outside while you were hesitating like an idiot? If it wasn't for me, do you think you guys would be all cringey right now? In your dreams. You two would've been never brave enough to approach the other first to make it up."

We both flinch with every word, mostly because we know it's one hundred percent true. Without Jungkook, who riled up V enough to come to me, we both would've been too afraid and too proud of our dignity to even come five feet near one another. Even my inner conscience agreed with that.

"Fine." V murmurs in a tone that obviously signals that this is the last thing he'd ever want to do.

"What do you want us to do for you?"