Hope

V's POV

I found her.

Only moments later the signal crashes, only speeding up my urgency to get to Kir.

"Jungkook, listen. They're in a building about three miles away from here— Fifth Avenue, 168. We need to go."

Jungkook has been silent from taut tension and anger the entire time Lisa had gone missing.

But my priority was Kir, and no one else.

Kirelei's POV

Skies, I can't breathe.

My eyes are empty as I look dead straight into the wall behind the man's silhouette. Even though the leader had told him not to draw any blood, he'd drawn plenty of it. My skin was ashen gray with the amount of blood I'd lost, and my body was at its weakest point.

I close my eyes against the oncoming wave of dizziness and nausea.

I'm going to die here, aren't I?

"Wake up. I'm not done with you."

When he lifts my body up from the ground, my head lolls limply to the side. I don't even have strength to talk,
and even if I did, I wouldn't be able to because of the pain.

"Given up now, girl?"

When I don't give a reply, his brows rise in annoyance and anger.

"I asked you a damn question. I expect you to answer—"

His voice cuts off abruptly and his grip goes slack on my neck. I drop like a dead weight to the ground, but not before someone catches me.

"Kirelei. Open your eyes."

I hadn't realized I'd closed them.

"Wake up, Kir. I need you to open your eyes."

At the desperate urgency of the voice, I force my eyelids to flutter slightly, and then slowly open.

V's dark eyes stare back at mine, and the second our eyes meet, he pulls my body to his.

Skies. He found me.

I want to wrap my arms around him, breathe in his scent... but I can't. I'm too weak and too much in pain to even speak, so how could I dare to even move?

V buries his head into my shoulders, and he doesn't let go for a while. Then I realize why— he's crying.

I have never ever seen V cry. Even when he'd been through hell and back, he didn't shed a single teardrop, and now he was crying over a stupid girl like me.

My head drops to his shoulder, and the slight movement makes his arms tighten on my body even further.

"V....."

I need to ask. I need to know.

"Lisa..." My voice trails off weakly, but he gets the point.

"She's fine— bruised and beaten, but alive. Jungkook is tending to her. Skies, Kir. I never should've let you go."

He lifts his head from my shoulder, his eyes tinged red. Anger flashes through his body as his eyes land on my cut cheek, and the finger-shaped series of bruises on my neck.

"How did you...he broke the tracker."

V lifts me up from the ground, tucking me inward so I would warm up. I hadn't noticed I'd been trembling the entire time.

"I found you before he did."

My eyes widen in surprise and I rasp the best I can.

"The Leader... he was..."

"I know. I slit his throat, along with every damn person in this entire building. If it makes you feel better, I didn't leave anyone behind."

I giggle weakly.

Only V would think to make someone feel better by killing a bunch of people.

He looks at me again like he can't believe he's found me. His eyes still churn with worry and anger, his emotions crashing together like fire in his dark irises.

"Hold on, Kir." Then he adjusts my position in his arms so I'd be more comfortable. He looks at me in newfound concern. "Skies, you're so thin."

I try to nod but my body goes slack in his grip, V flinches at my abrupt limp ness.

"Kir!"

"I'm fine. Just tired."

I manage to squeak out and his tensed body relaxes ever so slightly.

"Sleep. But you have to wake up again. Do you hear me?"

With a soft giggle, I smile and nod.

"Of course."

Then my eyelids close by themselves and everything goes darker than night. But this time, I fall unconscious feeling warm and safe in his arms.

I know for a fact that he would protect me with his life.