Jungkook

The bed barely dips underneath me as I jump off, making absolutely no noise at all. It had become my daily instinct to stay perfectly silent every single morning. Don't blame me, blame the result of V's countless, countless drills.

As I leave the room, I run my hands along the darkened walls. The smooth texture breathes its thoughts to me, and its coolness embraces my warm skin. It lasts for a pleasant moment until I reach the infirmary and lightly lift my hands off.

When I reach to open the door, I stop.

"Jungkook?"

I can hear V exclaim a name out, and then a sound like flesh colliding against flesh.

My heart immediately stops as I analyze the noise in a split second.

Someone just hit him.

I rush into the room without thinking, and stop to find two men hugging each other. At the unexpected sight, my mouth opens and closes like a fish as V smiles at me.

He probably knew I was already outside the door, judging by his smirking expression.

"Who's this?" The other man turns to me, eyes sharp with annoyance.

His eyes are shaded a light color of grayish blue, his locks tinged a darkened red

His eyes are shaded a light color of grayish blue, his locks tinged a darkened red. At first glance, this guy is definitely tall- he might even reach V's height.

And like all the people I meet, he's intimidating as heck, while I'm just probably standing there in just a pair of loose shirt and sweatpants.

"Kir, meet Jungkook. But I'm sure you already know that, don't you?"

I shoot V an icy glare, but he only makes me more annoyed with a playful smile. By routine, I take a deep breath to calm myself down. After all, this hasn't been the first time that he's done this.

"She's what you call a master assassin in this place? That's disappointing, V."

I barely refrain from knocking him out straight with a right hook to the vulnerable part of the neck as I keep my face calm and collected.

"Keep emotions off of your face at all times in front of an enemy."

My attempt to keep the things between me and this jerk businesslike ends in a flash when he looks at me again like I'm nothing more than an irrelevant piece of dust.

"She looks like she can't even win against a fly with that tiny frame of hers."

At the final straw, I explode at the two men in front of me. One of them is struggling hard to keep himself from laughing, and the other one still has a cold, narrow gaze on me that I just cannot take anymore.

"Okay, that's the farthest you go, you stupid jerk. V, stop laughing at me and tell me more than freaking Jungkook. How do you know him? He better not belong to like some high class family because in that case, I'm going to put him in that bed right next to you with a broken nose, arms, and everything."

Jungkook drums his fingers against his crossed arms as he looks pointedly at me.

"Names can tell you a lot of things about the person."

"I know," I grit my teeth as I fire back.
"I can already tell you're going to be one annoying jerk that looks up to no one but himself. I would tell you more, but it wouldn't be a very polite conversation."

V finally gets himself back together from giggling his head off and motions at the red-haired man in front of me.

"He's a new recruit here. But don't mistake him for one of those kindergartener students, because he's not. Jungkook was a solo-operating assassin when the League got him to join."

I shift my eyes back to the jerk as I take note of his stance, muscles tensed and ready but relaxed at the same time. When he had walked over to me, I had barely caught any noise even with my enhanced senses.

Judging by my analysis, he was definitely a skilled assassin. But that didn't mean I had to like him.

"Can you send him back then?"

"They could," Jungkook makes a show of inspecting his fingernails as the corners of his lips lift into a devilish smirk. "But why would they do that after they spent years just to track me down and another decade to convince me to join?"

I try to keep the surprise off of my face and my voice a flat tone as I feign sarcastic shock.

"Then how old are you- thirty? I'd thought you were the same age as V."

"I am."

Jungkook looks at V with a raised eyebrow when my eyes go wide from the information.

"Are you sure I'm supposed to work with her? One of those kindergarteners would do better, Taehyung."

If he knew V's name, then that meant he and V were close. V hadn't told me his real name until we'd been through life and death together, which was a lot.

Then I realize.

"What do you mean I'm working with you? Actually, never mind. Why am I even talking to you." I turn to V, who seems to be having another heart attack from laughing. "V, seriously, get a hold of yourself. What is he talking about?"

He licks his lips, trying to look apologetic.

"You and Jungkook are going to be teaching each other, Kir."