For V

Gosh, this was such a stupid plan.

A patrol of three emerges out into the small clearing, and they seem surprised as their eyes land on the escaped captive they'd been searching for.

I immediately assess the men— knowing that skipping the simple step could cost me everything.

There's a particularly lean, average sized soldier, flanked by two burly men with piles and piles of muscles. At a quick glance, one would categorize the lean man into the harmless section and focus more upon the big men beside him.

But those who look the most harmless are often the most deadliest.

"Ah, there she is." The lean man rolls back on the balls of his feet, his lips curled into a venomous smirk. His stance looks careful, practiced. This might go harder than I thought it would go.

"Take her."

The two men lunge at me, swinging gigantic, metallic swords that are obviously too heavy for them. Their posture is a mess, along with their technique. V would shame them for eternity if he'd seen this humiliation.

Quietly but deadly, my knife flashes black and silver as I move. In a mere second, the men are crumpled lifelessly on the ground, the sides of their heads smashed in with the hard handle of the knife. Dead as a doornail, as people would say.

Surprise is obvious on the man's expression as a delicate looking woman strikes down his heavy, tall minions with a simple strike. Even though I'm still weak and reeling from nausea, I can handle this much, at least.

The man tosses his weapon— a sleek, long knife with a deadly looking edge— back and forth in his hands. He's showing me that he's not as pathetic as them.

"Never seen a girl that could fight before," he taps the blade against his wrist casually. "I must say I don't....not like it."

Revolting idiot.

"Nobody gives a single damn on what you say." I lunge in the middle of my sentence, taking him by surprise. It's a cheap trick, but I'm desperate at this point to use everything I've got.

I get a good hit in— right between his collarbone— which only makes him stumble back a few steps, wincing in agony.

What?

That was hard enough to make most men fly back a few meters.

"I'm telling you, sweetheart." I bite my lip and make a ferocious snarl at the snarky comment. "I'm not like the rest. Although I must compliment you on your kick. It was quite stronger than others I've experienced. But do you know what happens to the ones who touch me?"

He twirls the knife between his fingers like it was a flat edged baton, not a blade that could carve right through his wrist if he wasn't careful.

"They're all dead."

Then he leaps for me, his knife angled sharply downwards. Any day, I'd have seen the attack minutes before it happened. I'd have singlehandedly avoided the jab and would've used the power against him to flip him over, stabbing his heart with his own knife.