3. Seattle

I arrived in Seattle a little bit after twelve and I was already feeling a little homesick

I arrived in Seattle a little bit after twelve and I was already feeling a little homesick. The departure process wasn't easy at all, thanks to my entire family coming to see me off, making me a little sad about leaving.

Demi and Demetrius begged to come with me, but of course they had to stay back because of school.

Devon, his wife Stassie, and my adorable niece and nephew came and it sucked to say goodbye to them; mainly because I didn't want to leave my babies.

Devin and his girlfriend Megan showed up, but they were basically freaking on each other the entire time, so our goodbyes were simply waves.

Desiree didn't show up, of course because we aren't speaking, but her husband and their son came so I could say goodbye to my nephew, MJ.

Kennedy, Peyton, Audrey, Natalie, and Valentina were there also, letting me know that they would come and visit as soon as I found somewhere to stay, and I was holding them to that offer. I hated being away from my girls, but this was business and one thing about me is that I always handle my business first.

Lastly, my parents and Aunt Nia were there, letting me know that they were all just a phone call and a flight away if I needed them. I'm not sure why everyone was treating me as if I were leaving and never coming back, but just knowing that I was important enough to all of them made me feel good.

"Destiny?" Wes spoke, holding the car door open for me. I was so deep in thought, that I didn't realize that he had already loaded the bags into the car and was waiting on me to climb into the back.

"Oh sorry, Wes. Thanks." I murmured, climbing into the backseat. I let out a yawn, exhausted from not getting any sleep last night or on the flight.

Scrolling through my phone, I had a long list of things to do, starting with finding an affordable place to live and ending with signing those papers. I had a meeting with the men that owned the building, but unfortunately they wouldn't be able to see me until Friday afternoon. It was currently Tuesday. So that left me with a few free days to go apartment hunting, find a good hair dresser and nail tech, and possibly a gym or something where I could work out and blow off some steam. Lord knows I need that desperately.

*

After arriving at the hotel and getting settled, I decided to give myself a little tour around Seattle, just so I could learn the area and get familiar with the place. Of course, Wes was tagging along, but I made sure that he wore normal clothes so nobody would know that he was my bodyguard. Instead, I'd just tell people he was my friend or my adopted brother.

"You sure you want to go out? What if someone recognizes you?" He asked me.

"I want to get a feel of Seattle, so I guess if someone does recognize me then hey..." I shrugged, sliding my sunglasses on. "Now...less worrying and more walking. We're burning daylight." We headed out and walked around a little, getting some fresh air and exercise, while looking like a couple of tourist. Nearby, I noticed an open trail where people were jogging on, and I made a mental note to do my morning runs there since it was close to the hotel I was staying in.