50.) Pre-Birthday Celebration

A Few Days Later

A Few Days Later...

Saturday Night

I was humming along to the soft music playing, lighting candles around the house, while looking around my beautiful decorated living room. I had to give it to Gia...she definitely came through on the decorations, making sure every detail of the changes I wanted were perfect. Though I didn't make that many changes, you could tell the difference between how Christian had his living room at first, versus how it looks now.

Tomorrow was Christian's birthday and I still didn't know what I wanted to give him, but then again...what can you give a man who already has everything they could possibly want? The answer to that is absolutely nothing, because they literally have it all! So tonight, I decided to plan out a romantic evening for just the two of us, in hopes that I could get an inkling on what to get my man.

"Destiny? I'm home." I heard Christian call out, as I emerged from the kitchen, greeting him as soon as he walked into the living room.

"Welcome home babe. How was your day?" I asked, kissing his lips. I then helped him remove his jacket, before leading him into the kitchen.

"My day was good, but clearly not as good as yours." He smirked. "Where's Ms. Jones?"

"I gave her the night off. Since your birthday is tomorrow, I wanted to do something special for you, with just the two of us." I poured us both up a glass of Christian's favorite wine, handing him his glass, before I walked over to the stove and check on dinner.

"I thought we talked about this. I don't want you making a fuss over my birthday. It's just another day."

"To you it's just another day, but to us... your loved ones, it's the day a son, brother, friend, and boyfriend entered the world. So, stop frowning and enjoy the romantic dinner I made for us, which is far from me making a fuss don't you think?" I said, as I started plating the food. "Besides...You'll get the fireworks and all that over the top stuff tomorrow at your parents house." I teased, serving him his dinner. I made baked lobster tail, steamed vegetables, and three cheese garlic bread; along with a molten lava brownie and vanilla ice cream for dessert.

"This dinner is delicious baby. You might give Ms. Jones a run for her money." He said, making me smile.

"I doubt it. She is way more advanced than I am, but I like having her around. We even came to an agreement on me cooking dinner twice out of the week, giving her the night off to spend with her special someone."

"She has a special someone?"

"Yep." I answered. "It's Taylor." He smiled a little, chuckling, as he sat his fork down.

"I already knew that." He admitted.

"You did?" I said, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Of course. You don't think I'd know if my staff was messing around?"

"Well, with you being so involved in work all the time, it's hard to tell. I think they're cute though, so now I have to fine Wes a woman so he can settle down."

"Or you can mind your business and allow Wes to make that decision for himself." He stated.

"It's like you don't even know me at all." I sighed, standing up to take my dirty dishes to the sink. "Wes interferes in my life all the time, so it's only fair that I get to interfere in his at least once."

"Baby, it's not the same. Wes is your bodyguard and your friend, so when he does interfere in your life, he's doing it out of love and care."

"And me finding him a girlfriend will be out of love and care. You finished with this?" I grabbed his plate, sitting it in the sink, before grabbing the dessert. "Are you up for a little dessert?"

"Always." He smiled, making me roll my eyes.

"Actual dessert, Christian. I made a molten lava brownie with vanilla ice cream, and chocolate drizzle on top." I said.

"I'm sure I can put the chocolate to a much more...better use." I heard him say, as he walked up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist. "You know I can't resist you, especially when you're wearing this sexy little number here." He slipped my robe off, placing kisses on my neck.

"I wore it just for you, seeing as how tonight is a special occasion." I groaned, feeling him nibble on my earlobe, but I couldn't get distracted by his strong, sexual demeanor. "But good things come to those who wait, so go sit down while I bring you your dessert." He looked a little shocked that I had turned him away, but it didn't hide the lust that was still spread across his face.

"I'll have my way with you soon enough, Ms. Langston." He growled.

"Looking forward to it, Mr. Grey." I purred.

After enjoying our dessert, I cleaned up the bare minimum, before joining Christian in the living room. He grabbed me and wrapped me in his loving embrace, as we swayed side to side, listening to some old school R&B love songs that I'm sure he knew nothing about.

"Thank you for dinner tonight baby. It was amazing, but not as amazing as you are." He said, leaning down and kissing my lips.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it, but the night's not over yet. I got you something." I smiled, grabbing the card off the table.

"Destiny..."

"It's just a harmless birthday card. No fuss, no muss." He sighed and opened the card, reading the sweet love note I left inside:

Christian,

You are the light of my life and I am so proud to call you mine. Though this is the first of many birthday's that we get to spend together, I look forward to spending every single birthday with you until the end of time. Happy Birthday, my love.

- Love Destiny

P.S. My answer to your previous question is...Yes!

Christian looked up at me, shocked plastered all over his handsome face, as I smiled at him. I waited a few days to give him an answer to his proposal, only because I thought it would make the perfect birthday gift, and of course... I was right!

"Does this mean yes, yes?" He asked.

"Yes. Yes, yes, a million times yes!" I said, as he slammed his lips against mine, picking me up and spinning me around.

"This is the best birthday present ever! I love you so much!"

"I love you too! Now..." I began, sliding my robe off. "Why don't you come unwrap your present and come make love to your future wife."

"Now that...I can do." He said, throwing me over his shoulder, all while smacking my ass in the process. If it wasn't clear, it was going to be a long night for the future Mrs. Grey.