37. Damage Control

It had been a few days since I received that weird note, but I refused to let Anastasia get to me any more than she already has

It had been a few days since I received that weird note, but I refused to let Anastasia get to me any more than she already has. It was time for me to take back control of my life and do some major damage control, making sure that I don't make any more enemies.

"What is this?" Wes questioned, as I handed him an envelope. Wes was first on my list, because I felt bad about how I treated him the other day.

"This is an 'I'm Sorry' gift. I hate how our relationship has been, which was mainly my fault, so I hope that this will make up for me being a bitch to you." I said, as he opened the envelope.

"Destiny...I-I can't accept this."

"You can and you will. You haven't been home in God knows how long and you deserve a break, so I'm giving you a week off to go spend time with your family." I smiled.

"I don't know what to say." He murmured.

"How about...thank you, Destiny. You're the best and I forgive you."

"Thank you, Destiny. You're the best and I forgive you." We shared a laugh, as I hugged him tight.

"You're welcome. Now, go pack and I'll call my dad and tell him to send a replacement to fill in while you're gone." I lied. I wasn't calling and telling my dad shit! I was grown and I could manage a week without Wes, which also gave me an excuse to buy a new car.

One down, a few more people to go. Next up was Desiree and I was going to need a glass of wine before I reached out to her. Lord knows how this conversation was going to go.

I sat at the kitchen counter, filling my glass up with Pink Moscato, downing the entire glass before I picked up my phone and called Desi via FaceTime.

"Uh, hey?" She answered, looking a little confused. She answered, so that's a good sign I guess.

"Hey. Are you busy?" I asked.

"No, I'm free. What's up? Is everything okay?" Wow, was she... concerned about me?

"Yeah, everything is fine. I just wanted to talk to you and you know...clear the air. After finally hearing your side of the story, I'm not mad at you anymore. I just wished you would've talked to me, instead of keeping your problems hidden."

"I tried talking to you once, but you didn't want to hear what I had to say. I deserved it though, but I acted like I was the victim and I don't even know why. I'm so sorry for everything, Destiny. I really am." She said, as the tears filled her eyes.

"It's okay, Desi. I'll forgive you, if you forgive me." I said.

"Of course I'll forgive you. Despite the way I've been acting, you're my little sister and I love you."

"I love you too."

"I just hope I didn't scare off your boyfriend, who is fine as hell by the way! How did you snag him? Tell me everything!" She said, making me laugh a little.

"Christian and I aren't together anymore." I sighed, feeling a little sad now that I've said it out loud. The only people who knew that we had broken up was Audrey, Wes, Taylor, Anastasia, and Elliot. Unless Christian told anyone else, that's all the people that know on my end. Elliot was livid when he found out what Christian did and according to what he told Audrey, they had gotten into a physical altercation over the whole ordeal. I didn't want to come in between him and his brother though, so I told Elliot to leave him be. That didn't stop him from still being highly pissed off though.

"What? What happened?" She questioned, as I told her bits and pieces of the truth. I couldn't tell her the whole story without throwing Christian under the bus, and that's that last thing I wanted to do. "Ugh, men! Can't live with them, can't live without them."

"Says the person who is surrounded by nothing but men." I joked.

"I know right, but I'm hoping this new baby is a girl. We need another baby girl in the family, since Cali is getting so big." We talked for a little while longer, before she had to go pick up MJ from practice. That conversation actually went better than I thought, and I'm glad that we were finally passed all the bullshit.

"Was that Desiree I heard you talking to?" Audrey questioned, walking into the kitchen.

"Yep. I called her, we talked, and now we're good." I told her.

"Good. I was sick of y'all boring ass beef anyways." We laughed, as she grabbed the wine from me and poured herself a glass. "So, you feeling better?"

"I'm starting to feel a little better, but can I ask you something? You don't have to tell me the truth, but I have to ask." I began, but she cut me off.

"I know what you're going to ask me and the answer is no! Me and Elliot are not having sex. Even though we both want to, he's in a whole ass relationship, and I have no choice but to respect that." She said, looking a little sad. I poked my bottom lip out, getting up to hug her. "Girl, move! You play so much!" We laughed hysterically, as I grabbed the wine and we headed into the living room, sitting on the couch.

"You wanna order in and hang out? Or do you and Elliot have nonsexual plans?" I asked, laughing at her facial expressions.

"First of all, fuck you bitch! He's spending the evening with his girlfriend and her friends, so I'm all yours tonight. Secondly, I definitely want to order in, but no Chinese food!  I'm tired of it."

"Okay, no Chinese food it is. What do you want then?" Before she could answer my question, my phone started to ring, seeing that it was Mia calling me.

"Hey Mia, what's up?" I answered.

"Oh my God, Destiny! Christian's helicopter went missing when he was on the way back from Portland!" She screamed into my ear. My heart dropped in the pit of my stomach, as I tried my best to listen to Mia's hysterical cries.

"Wait a minute, Mia. Slow down, I can't understand you." She calmed down and told me how Christian was reported missing when he never returned from a business trip he had with his partner. "Oh my God!"

"I know! We're all here at his house, scared out of our minds, waiting to hear some good news. Can you please come over?"

"Of course. I'm on my way." I said quickly.

"What's going on?" Audrey asked, as soon as I hung up the phone.

"Christian's missing. His helicopter went missing when he was on the way back from Portland. Mia and the rest of his family are at his house and she asked me to come over."

"I'll come with you. Let me go grab some shoes." She rushed to her room, while I sat there in a daze. What if something bad happened to him? I shook my head, not even thinking about that, knowing that I'd drive myself mad thinking negatively. I just had to pray that he's okay and that he'd come back home safe and sound.