9. Dr. Grace

The next day, I spent the majority of the day shopping for new furniture for my house, before heading out to get my nails, toes, and eyebrows done

The next day, I spent the majority of the day shopping for new furniture for my house, before heading out to get my nails, toes, and eyebrows done. I'm not sure if tonight with Christian was a date or not, but since we're having dinner at his place... I'll just say it is a date and leave it at that.

Stepping out of the nail shop, I reached into my purse and pulled out my ringing cellphone, seeing that my baby sister was calling me.

"Hey sis." I answered.

"Please tell me you got my text message." Demi said, sounding stressed. I stopped and checked my phone, looking at the texts she had sent me. They were pictures of prom dresses, but none of them were cute. "Hello? Destiny?!"

"Yeah, I'm here. Um...are these your prom dress choices?" I asked her.

"Yeah. Desiree helped me pick them out and they are hideous!"

"Yes they are. When is prom?"

"Next week and I have nothing to wear!" She whined. "Plus, that cute guy August asked me to be his date and I can't go wearing those dresses! Des, please help me."

"Hold that thought." I told her, as I started walking down the sidewalk. I remembered a cute little boutique nearby, that looked like they had some really cute dresses. "Bingo." I headed inside, asking Demi what type of dress she wanted exactly.

"Something floor length, possibly burgundy red or emerald green, but nothing backless or strapless. Remember dad's dress rule." I giggled, remembering how dad almost had a heart attack when Desiree and I tried choosing strapless and backless prom dresses. We had to choose between changing the dress or missing prom, which we both ended up going to buy brand new dresses. Clearly Demi wasn't going to be an exception.

"Of course I remember. Now, let me take a look around this boutique and I'll call you right back."

"Okay, but Facetime me so I can see the dresses and let you know if I like them or not." She said, as we hung up the phone. I started looking around, finding a few cute dresses that I believed Demi would like. I mean let's face it...any dress would be better then the mess Desiree picked out for her.

"Hi, welcome to Samila Boutique. Can I help you find something?" One of the women who worked here asked, as she walked over towards me.

"Hi there. I'm actually looking for the perfect prom dress for my little sister and she was very specific on what she wanted." I told her. "She wants a floor length gown, burgundy red or emerald green, but the dress can't be backless or strapless."

"That is specific, but I like when someone knows exactly what they want. I'll gather some dresses we just got in stock and I'll let you pick your favorite one." She said, walking away. I thanked her, even though she had already walked off, but I still wanted to be polite. While I waited, I continued to look around, admiring how cute some of these dresses were and how I wish there was a formal event happening so I could buy one for myself. At least I know where to come to if I ever did need a dress for a formal occasion.