7. Elliot

I woke up early the next morning, making tons of phone calls, before getting dressed and heading to the building to sign the papers and get the keys

I woke up early the next morning, making tons of phone calls, before getting dressed and heading to the building to sign the papers and get the keys. My mom was so happy to hear that I had gotten the keys, but now she was bugging me about sending her pictures of the place; but I refused to do so until I found a contractor to help me out. 

Standing in the middle of my brand new building, I wanted to take a moment to take it all in, before heading across the street to thank the man that made this possible.

"Excuse me?" I turned around, seeing a tall, skinny man, staggering his way towards me. His clothes were all wrinkled, his hair was all over his head, and he looked like he ate his breakfast with a side of whisky this morning. 

"Yes, can I help you?" I questioned.

"I'm Jack Hyde, commissioning editor at SIP." He grabbed my hand and kissed it, making my skin crawl, as I pulled my hand away from his mouth.

"What can I do for you, Mr. Hyde?" I wiped my hand on my pants, not caring that he was watching me.

"I was told that you're the new owner of this building and I'm here to make you an offer that you can't refuse." He said, making me raise an eyebrow. "You see...I want to expand SIP and this building would be perfect, so...I'd like to buy it from you." 

"With all due respect, Mr. Hyde-" I began, but he cut me off.

"Call me Jack." 

"Well Jack...with all due respect, I literally just signed the papers and got the keys to this place, so I won't be selling it." 

"I think you'll change your mind, once you see the offer I'm about to make." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a notepad and a pen, scribbling something down on the paper, before ripping it out of the notepad and handing it over to me. I took the paper from him and looked down at what he wrote, damn near laughing in his face. 

"Is this a joke?" I asked him, laughing a little. "I paid way more then what you're offering. No thank you, Jack. I'm respectfully declining your offer." I stuffed the paper back into his hand and watched as he glared at me.

"You're making a big mistake!" He growled, taking a step towards me. Wes then appeared out of nowhere, waiting on Jack to make the wrong move, so he could put him on his ass.

"I don't see it that way, Jack. This building, MY building, isn't for sale, so I'm going to have to ask you to leave now." I hissed, crossing my arms and matching his glare. He laughed a little, running his fingers through his hair, nodding his head.

"This isn't over!" He turned and stormed out, leaving me and Wes standing there with our eyebrows furrowed.

"What the hell was that about?" Wes questioned.

"I have no idea, but I got a really bad feeling about him." I said, sighing heavily. I gathered all of my things, leading the way out, letting Wes know that we were gonna make a quick detour across the street. I remembered Christian telling me that he owned this building and I wanted to thank him for what he did.