35. Jokes On Me

The rest of the trip went pretty well, despite the unfinished business I still had with Desiree, but I just decided to save that matter for another time

The rest of the trip went pretty well, despite the unfinished business I still had with Desiree, but I just decided to save that matter for another time. I had bigger fish to fry and I wasn't about to sit around and let those two arsonist walk around free.

When I told Christian and Elliot what Wes had told me, they were both clearly shocked and angry, and Christian had assured me that he'd handle the both of them. 

Christian, Elliot, Audrey, and myself ended up flying back to Seattle after watching the twins graduate, but not before joining my family in a celebratory lunch, before I made up a fake emergency and told them that we were needed back in Seattle. I figure I could just tell them that a fire had started at the building, just in case they call and ask me a million and one questions, which technically wouldn't be a lie because it actually did happen. It just so happens that the fire got started before we went to California, but they didn't need to know that little detail.

"What do you think about this place?" Audrey asked, showing me pictures of a rundown building. The outside looked horrible, but the inside looked even worse.

"Absolutely not! Next!" I said, shaking my head. We were meeting with someone who could possibly help salvage the building, but if not...I wanted to make sure that I had a backup plan just in case this building was unfixable. Judging by how terrible it looked on the inside, I knew that there was a slight chance that I would have to look for a new place sooner rather than later. 

"Ugh, picky ass!" Audrey grumbled, as she continued to scroll through the renting ads. "How long do you think this is going to take?"

"I'm not sure. Why? You and Elliot made plans?" If I'm being honest, Elliot spends more time with Audrey, then he does his own girlfriend. They both swear up and down that they're just friends, but I honestly think they're fucking on the low. I could be wrong, even though that's highly unlikely, but I didn't have proof so I was just going to keep suspecting. Hopefully they'll slip up and I'll catch them in the act, buy like I said... who knows?

"Don't do that. He wants to come over to the house so we can hang out and probably watch a movie."

"Oh, so y'all are Netflix and chilling?"

"Nooooo Destiny, no!" She huffed, making me laugh. "He has a girlfriend and I respect that, but I just like his company. He's easy to talk to, he's funny, sweet, and it doesn't hurt that he's mad sexy. Other then that... he's a good friend to have around when you're gone out with Christian."

"Are you feeling neglected?" I asked her.

"As a matter of fact, I am! When will it be best friend time?"

"We have best friend time every single day, Audrey. Don't get greedy." We shared a laugh, as someone cleared their throat, making me turn around.

"I don't mean to interrupt, but I'm looking for a Destiny Langston." A man said. He was fairly tall, with tan skin, and black curly hair. He had chocolate brown eyes and a very handsome face.