Chapter Five

I sit on my bed scrolling threw Instagram when I see billie has a new Instagram post.

It's her kneeling on the floor in a red jacket and white pants. The caption is "your the one I need, I'm the one you loathe".. my chemical romance lyrics. interesting. 

I quickly comment "looking good". Within minutes she replies "long time no see, let's change that ASAP." I like her comment.

It's been two weeks since I've seen billie and I do generally miss her. She has an addictive attitude and personality. i'm surprised when she makes the suggestion of hanging out, people don't tend to want to hang around me. i'm just no fun to be around

I set my phone down to go see my brother.
"Good morning." He sings
"Morning jake."
"What's the plan for today?" He says, its a saturday normally me and jake do something together at the weekends, watch movies go for a walk. just spend time together. he eats his cereal and looks threw the news on his ipad.
"I don't know I don't really have anythi-" I get cut off by my phone. I look down to see a message from billie.

'Yo. We are having a party tonight for my friends new song. Wanna tag along?"
I smile.

"I'm guessing your Calendar just got booked up?" Jake laughs. and i smile back at him.

'sure. want to have dinner at mine then we can head over together?' i type

'sounds like a plan. see you at 6?'

my heart feels warm inside, excited, bubbly and just warm.

-
A few hours later I finish up the final touches to my outfit, I'm wearing black jeans with a top, necklace and basic make up.

i hear a knock at the door and run to it. i mean run. as fast as i could. 

i open the door and im met by billie who i wearing white sweats and a loose red shirt with a big baggy white coat. her silver hair falls over her shoulders, tied back at the front to keep it out her face. 

"..what...?" She says. Looking somewhere concerned as she scans over herself, as if maybe there's a hole in her shirt or a stain.
"Um... sorry.. you just.. wow.." I say stuttering.
"Thank you." She laughs as she walks in.

"You don't look half bad yourself." She says. I blush and look to the floor.
"See I told you I have that effect on people." She laughs.

we walk into the kitchen jakes cooking some form of brown rice with some veg and a salad.

adam walks in and he freezes when he sees billie who i notice has also tensed up. 

you know how people imagine cats and dogs getting along? well this was the situation we had.

"the fuck.." adam said turning to me, his face screwed up, anger and disbelief all over it

"shes just here for dinner.. relax its fine" i said avoiding eye contact looking at what jake was doing

"your not eating. you need to lose more weight i can't be seen with someone with hips like that." adam says in disgust

"ok." is all i manage to say. once again biting the metal stud in my lip. i glance at billie and notice shes glaring adam down, if looks could kill sure enough adam would be dead. 

billie, jake and adam all eat whilst i sit there with a coffee and water.

an hour later we head out the door to the party and i could not be happy enough to get out of there and be away from adam.

we walk to the party which is in a  large modern hotel,  it has big pillars and marble floors. i could never afford to stay here. i hate to admit it but i'm nervous. being around men or boys is hard enough but when people are drunk they don't think properly, making them even more dangerous.

-

We've been at the party nearly 6 hours and too say I was drunk would be fair. i enjoyed drinking my sorrows, it was like a pause button for my brain.

I head over to the bar to get another drink.
"One. Voka ..tonic.." I slur as I sway side to side. The lady on the bar hesitates before handing me another drink. she doesn't look impressed with my state, im sure if i was sober id be of the same mindset. 

I stumble off as I drink my drink someone grabs my arm,i yank my arm back only to come face to face with billie.

"Alright killer.. I think you've had enough..." I realise the voice belongs to billie.

I shake my head and squint my eyes at her. But she takes the cup and downs what's left, cleary she goes to a lot of parties.  I make a angry drunk face and go find somewhere to sit. It's not long before billie comes back. She kneels down besides me and rests her hands on my legs.

"I think you need to go to bed lily. Come on." She Stands up and holds out her hand. I hesitate but take it anyway. making sure to be way too melodramatic over it and letting out a big sigh

She tells her friends she's taking me to the hotel and will be back before we head off to walk down the street to the hotel.

We walk outside and I enjoy the fresh air.
"There's a step here, careful." She says taking my arm to steady me. But I wasn't paying attention and slip. She hangs onto me and steadies me.
"I said be careful.." she jokes, a smile on her face that warms my heart..

"LILY?!" A voice screams.
"Fuck." I mumble. Realising the voice belongs to Adam. Billie keeps her hand on my arm, I'm unsure if it's because she thinks I'll fall or if it's to protect me, either way I'm not complaining.
-
BILLIES POV.
"Fuck." Lily mumbles under her breath. I look over to see who just yelled at her. Adam.
I feel my cheeks heat up with anger.
"Back off jackass" I yell back to him. But he doesn't respond, he keeps marching over. acting as if i'm not here which only makes me more angry 

He reaches us and grabs Lily's arm. Making me lose my grip. She stumbles with the pressure of his touch. 
"Are you drunk?!? What the fuck Lily?!!" He yells at her. I watch as her entire body stiffens. As if her blood just froze and her brain tunes out, when i stare into her eyes i no longer see a girl having fun and letting loose... i see a robot with no emotion.

He gives her a hard shove causing her to trip over her own feet and fall to the ground. I step in between the two of them.

"That's enough!" But I am again ignored as he shoves me out the way.
"Okay! Okay! Everyone calm down.. what's going on?" I turn my head to see fin running over.
"This dude is the fucking problem." I say threw my teeth.
Fin stands in the way and I quickly help lily to her feet.

"What's going on?" Fin says
"Stay out of it." Adam snaps.
"When your hurting my sister and her friend I can't stay out of it." Fin says now standing with his arms crossed. Adam laughs as if he's heard the best joke in the world before turning and walking away. "See you tomorrow lily, just remember.. you deserve what you'll get." He yelled as he continue to walk away.

"He makes me so angry." I hiss through clenched teeth.
"Come on, let's get lily to the hotel." Fin says. He's always been able to stay level headed and not let his emotions take over like me. He's always been the better sibling. me? i just let my emotions control me, it's my downfall.