Chapter Forty-One

When we got to the venue i dumped my bags and was guided straight to hair and makeup to get ready. Seeming as I didn't wear makeup it was more of a case of just hair which they just puffed up a bit. Then I went to see what outfit changes I had before heading to the green room. When I got back to the green room I noticed Finneas and my mum talking and to there side lily was asleep on the couch. All the stress she was feeling really tired her out.

I crouched to her side and kissed her head, causing her to stir. She took hold of my hand and smiled up at me. her mood had changed again since earlier.

"Tired?" I spoke, smiling at her cuteness.

"A little." She laughed.

Before long it was time for me to go out on stage. I bounced by the wing of the stage as the music began playing before I ran out, letting the crowd borrow my energy for the night.

-

LILYS POV

I sung alone to You should see me in a crown from the green room whilst searching on Twitter and Instagram. Several Live Photo's and videos where going up and it was fun to read the captions and comments as it was all happening.

I heard the song change to come out and play and got up to watch from the wings with Maggie. Seeming as it was one of my fav songs and had bits about me in it.

"Look up, out of your window
See snow, won't let it in though
Leave home, feel the wind blow
'Cause it's colder here inside in silence..." She sung. Her voice like a drug we all needed more.

I was struck out of my daydream when I realised she had missed the next line. I glanced at Finneas who looked just as confused as I was. Billies eyes darted around the crowd, she wasn't singing anymore. Something else had her attention. Something urgent and important.

I watched as her eyes fixed on one spot and her entire face seemed to drop. The colour faded from her cheeks and was replaced with white. She was scared.

Finneas got up away from his piano and quickly got to her side when he realised something was wrong

"Something's wrong.." Maggie confirmed my thoughts.

Before Finneas could reach her side Billie was jogging towards me.

Finneas came in quickly behind her, leaving the crowd confused and mumbling questions.

"Billie what's goi-" I wasn't even aloud to finish my sentence.

"Get her out of here now!" Bullied screamed. I'd never seen her like this. she was scared. Billie was strong, never showed emotion. But right now? All I could see was fear in her.

"Billie you need to-" Finneas tried to get her to explain what was happening but billie wasn't listening.

"No. Finneas listen to me. She needs to get out of here NOW. Before he kills her."

I'm not sure if it was the tone of her voice or if Finneas suddenly understood but suddenly his arms where on my shoulders and he was guiding me out the room. Who was 'he'? Did someone really want to kill me? Let them. Please. Just let them.

"No.. Billie what's going on!!" I cried trying to escape.

She ignored me and I was forced out.

-

BILLIES POV

I didn't often show my emotions but seeing his face in the crowd I knew something was about to happen.

"Adams our there. Call the police now." I yelled.

My mums face went white with shock.

That's went the explosion happened.

Suddenly the room was flooded with security pushing me and my mum out of the wings and into the green room. I could hear screaming as the alarms went off. Terror.

-
LILYS POV

we exited the venue and started walking down the road. When we heard a explosion. I quickly turned around, my eyes wide open with shock.

"Lily we have to keep going."

"No. Billies in there!!" I nearly cried.

I struggled to free myself but Finneas had a tight grip on my wrist and continued to drag me down the road.

Once we reached the hotel I was a ugly crying, pacing mess.

I tried calling billie, no reply.

"She's not answering!!" I yelled as I paced the room.

Finneas sat on the bed head in his palms, he didn't reply to me. He didn't show it but I knew he was worried.

Finneas clicked on the tv. The news was talking about the event.

"A bomb just went off at the billie eilish concert. It is believed an active shooter is still in the building."

My heart sunk. Billie could be dead right now.

For the 5th time I tried calling billie. when I was just about to give up when finally she answered.

"Oh my god billie??" I yelled into the device.

"Babe. Are you ok?" She asked. She sounded focused on something else.

"Yes. Where are you? What's going on?"

The line went dead.

I threw my phone at the wall in frustration before sinking to the floor bringing my knees up to my face and letting my fear flow threw my eyes