Chapter Thirty-Six

We sat in the airport waiting room, I could tell lily was nervous. She would occasionally grab at my hand before getting too scared of the other people and letting go. She was currently sat with her eyes closed and her head back, tapping her foot and deep breathing.

It had crossed my mind once or twice that I was the reason she was so stressed but I told myself she would be just as stressed at home alone, which was true wasn't it?

I placed my hand on her leg to stop it tapping but she shook me off, Opening her eyes to look at me in the process I thought maybe for a moment she would calm down until I heard...

"Flight G43 Now Boarding."

I could now see a fire in her eyes threatening to burn her down.

We gathered our bags and headed towards the plane. Seeming as we are first class we get to board first.

We took our seats, I was in the middle fin to my right and lily to my left, Lily was sat by the window. My mum was in a different isle to us.

At this stage lily was hardly breathing, her finger nails gripping into the chair arm so hard her skin turns white and her eyes squeezed tightly shut.

"Breathe." I reminded her as I kissed her temple closest to me.

"I can't. Not when you do that.." she remarked.

I turned her chin to face me.

"You mean when I do this?" I smirked at her before connecting our lips and deepening the kiss.

When I pulled away she was even more breathless then before but I could see a faint smile on her lips.

The plan begins the move towards the runaway and lily goes back to her feared position.

"Fuck.. fuck.. fuck" she repeats and I quickly take her hand in mine.

The plan shakes and we must be doing over 100mph as we hurdled towards the runaway.

I could see tears escaping Lilys eyes despite how tightly shut they where as we began to lift up.

I pulled her into my chest knowing other then hug her there was little I could do to make her feel better.

"It's over." I said once we had gotten all the way up.

She slowly pulled away from my chest not letting go of my hand.

"Want to watch a film? You can pick." She didn't reply just slowly nodded. i could tell she was still scared and afraid but I decided to try take her mind off it. I fiddled with the tv for a while, trying to figure out how to use it.

Eventually she settled on The Fault In Our Stars which was recently added to Netflix. Because why not watch a film in which a girls lover dies when your girlfriend is currently scared she's going to die on a plane? Logic right

-

We where 5 hours in to our 8 hour journey. Lily was asleep she was laying across her seat with the hand rest up with her shoulders and head on my lap.

Me and Finneas where playing games. Currently I was trying to find a good place to put my X down but Finneas already had 2 Os so I had limited options.

I placed my x down.

"I WIN!" Finneas yelled.

"What how??" I groaned as he made his line.

I rolled my eyes. Finneas was always better at games then me.. I'd never admit it to his face though.

I just got too distracted and then made silly mistakes where as he was able to keep focused
-

It was finally time to land. Lily was still asleep on my lap, occasionally she would wake up but within a few minutes she was asleep again, I think the stress and anxiety really tired her out.

The flight attendants came around asking us to put the arm rest down.

I gently pulled her hair out of her face causing her to groan and snuggle closer.

"You have to get up now, we have to land."

No response she just shook her head.

"Excuse me." The flight attendant snapped. "she needs to get up."

I didn't reply. Did this bitch not see I was trying?

Finneas smiled at her causing her to continue walking on.. she'd be back.

"Baby.. come on you have to wake up." I said as I pulled her back into a sitting position.

She opened her eyes just enough to glare at me before leaning against her window and going back to sleep.

I put down the arm rest and made sure her seatbelt was done up. As the flight attendant passed us I made sure to flash a smile.

I thought we may have a peaceful landing but lily quickly woke up when she realised we where heading rather quickly towards the floor.

I took hold of her hand, big mistake I could hardly feel my hand as she cut off the circulation, gripping it like her life depended on it.

"Within a few seconds it'll be over.. we would have landed." I reminded her.

Once on the ground she relaxed a little and I used my free hand to wipe her tears away as she finally began to breathe normally.

"You did it." I smiled as she bought herself close to me and kissed me.