Chapter Three

New POV - 5am
"Hey" a warm tone says. My mother. I roll over to face her still half a sleep and I open one eye to look at her.

Why oh why do people feel the need to wake me up in the mornings? i think we all know id rather be left sleeping.

"Can I help you?" I respond sarcastically as I pull the duvet covers over my face. if you cant see me, i can't see you and that means we aren't here having this chat right now.

"Time to get up billie. We need to leave in 10."
"Got it bro." I say rolling over to face the other way.

we all knew i was going back to sleep and would be late.

She leaves the room but sadly she will be back.. she knows I'm not getting up yet.

-
Lily's POV.
There's an excitement all round the school today. Me? I just feel tired and my head hurts.

Dont do drugs kids.

I sit alone by a tree in the grass. It's cold and wet outside but I don't care. Right now I just want to be alone. More importantly I don't want to be with sweaty people in the hall or anywhere within 40 feet of Adam

Wake up and smell the coffee
Is your cup half full or empty?
When we talk, you say it softly
But I love it when you're awfully quiet
Hmm-mm, quiet

I listen to the music threw my headphones, ignoring the world. My eyes shut. I feel peaceful.

or i did.. thats until I can hear people screaming inside so whoever is coming is clearly here. i wonder if this is what a zombie apocalypse would sound like? just people screaming aimlessly.

i glance over to the side of me where the sound is coming from i cant see anything so i decide to go back to my thoughts

"HEY!" I hear someone yell. Fuck off I think. not interested tomorrow, not interested now.

Suddenly my headphones are yanked out and I'm hosted to my feet by a hand on my arm. Adam. I think to myself. this is nothing new to me, this is just part of our daily routine. it used to shock me when he did this but i'm so used to it i hardly flinch or change my face at all.

"You avoiding me or some shit?" He says suddenly grabbing me by my neck and holding me against the tree. panic fills my body, he's angry. i didn't mind being around him when he was calm, i wouldn't go as far to say i enjoyed it but i prefer it to when he was angry

"No." I gasp. "I was avoiding. the people. Inside." I wince and a single tear falls from my eyes.
He drops me to the floor, looking away for a brief second before walking away. All I hear in my ears is ringing as the oxygen leaves my lungs.

I bring my knees to my face and silently sob to myself. i don't know why im crying when i think about it. is it because im scared? is it because i hate him? is it because im fed up? i'm not sure. all i know is right now crying is what feels right so i dont stop it.

-
-
-
Billies POV.

We arrive at the school, it's a smaller school but its packed with people as if they crammed in as many as they could in the walls. Like sardines

We meet with the head teacher who looked somewhat like voldemort but a lady version and she agrees to take me on a tour of the school.

As we walk past classrooms I hear screams of excitement and laugh to myself. As we walk past the 4th room I notice a girl pressed up against the window shirtless. The head teacher shakes her head but I just laugh.

"Yo you crazy girl!" I yell and she screams.
I laugh to myself as we keep walking.

We go outside they want to show me where I'll be performing. We've already figured out the routine so no need to practice but we do need to make sure the routine works with the size of the stage.

As we walk something, no, someone catches my eyes. its like an energy and i'm being pulled towards it.

I look over to my left and see a girl and a guy. The guy has his hand around the girls neck. I instantly feel angry. One thing I can't stand is bullying. what's the point? if your angry then go sort out your issue dont take it out on someone else causing yet another issue. where is the common sense in that?

I look at the teacher who glances at them then continues walking, this is clearly something shes seen before. How is this ok? I want to scream at her and force her to know that it isn't ok but I know that'll get me nowhere. So I'll deal with it myself

I stop walking and watch for a second that's when I see the girl start to cry. The others don't even notice I've stopped and keep walking, chattering about my life story or something.

I start walking over. Nobody gets away with treating people like this. Not when I'm around.

"Billie!" My mum calls.
"No bro give me a second" I yell back.

my mum is well aware there is no common sense in arguing with me, i'm way to stubborn for that.

The guy looks up at me and suddenly walks away after seeing I'm heading in there direction, clearly not wanting to be yelled at. I let him go. I need to make sure the girl is ok, in this sort of situation she is my priority. I watch the broken girl fall to the floor. I slowly sit down next to the girl who is fully sobbing. im unsure if she notices me as she doesn't respond or seem to acknowledge me

"Does he do that to you a lot?" I say softly. She looks at me eyes puffy, red and her neck swollen.
But she doesn't answer me. she quickly wipes away at the tears. I put my hand on her shoulder but she panics and shakes it off. this dude has really gotten to her brain

"Dude, he's messed you up.." I say. I dig around in my pocket and find a scrap bit of paper.
"Hey. look i got to go but This is my Instagram name, if you need anything at all.. ANYTHING. Then just message me? Ok?" I say. She takes the paper and nods slowly.
"See you around." I say as I get up and jog to join the group, ignoring my mums annoyed facial expression as i rejoined and start walking, continuing the tour.

-
Copycat trying to cop my manner
Watch your back when you can't watch mine
Copycat trying to cop my glamor
Why so sad, bunny, you can't have mine?
I would hate to see you go
Hate to be the one that told you so
You just crossed the line
You've run out of time
I'm so sorry, now you know
Sorry I'm the one that told you so
Sorry, sorry, I'm sorry, sorry
Sike

I jump around the stage as the lights flash and kids scream, energy fills the room.

I look around the stage as I sing. I see a familiar face. The girl from earlier is stood at the back. I make eye contact with her and smile. her chest length hair now down, i wonder if shes trying to cover a bruise from where she got hit.

After the song ends
I turn to the mic, sweaty and out of breath.

"Guys. I wanna be real with you for a second." I say. Not breaking eye contact with the girl from earlier.
"If your being bullied or abused you've got to defend yourself you can't just stand there and take it. It'll never end that way, you have to stop it yourself."

The next song starts

I'm about to start the first line when I notice a guy the same guy from earlier making his way to the girl, i watch them closely ready to jump off the stage to get to her if i need too. i've never been protective to anyone before unless they are family but something about this girl makes me feel like she's given up hope.

He screams at her and she flinches away. This only earns her a smack to the face. a single tear leaves her eyes, i freeze.

Without thinking I yell.

"STOP." right now i'm not thinking about what im doing i'm only thinking about the girl in front of me. The room falls silent. My brother stops playing the music. I turn around to face him to see if he noticed whats goin on.
He mouths "what's wrong?" To me.

when i turn around to look at the girl again, shes gone and so is the guy. this isn't good, he will be angry now. I scan the room as a matter of urgency. She's not here. I jump off the stage and run out the door, still not using my common sense. She has to be here somewhere. i have to find her. right now thats all i know.