Chapter Fithteen

We'd been laying here for 4 hours, eventually lily fell back asleep. I'd been watching movies and YouTube on my phone whilst she slept in my arms.

I felt her stir slightly and kissed her forehead. "Hello." I whispered softly and slowly, not wanting to make her jump.

"Hi." She said looking up at me.

"How you feeling?" I said tucking a stray bit of hair behind her ear.

"I don't know." She said truthfully.

"want to go for a walk?"

She nodded so we got dressed and headed downstairs.

I knew I didn't need to ask if she wanted a coffee, she looked dead. Plus she never said no to coffee.

I pulled out a travel cup and filled it.

I turned around and passed the warm coffee to her.

"Thank you." She said, a small smile appearing on her lips

We walked out the door and I watched as I saw her body slowly relax. When she was outside she was a different person, she was calm and nearly happy.

After walking for about 30 minutes we found a bench and sat down. I wrapped my arms around her and she lent her head into my shoulder.

"I love you." She said

"I love you too."

"No seriously Billie. I love you so fucking much. You do so much for me, you put up with all of my shit and I'm really fucking grateful. I don't say that nearly enough." She said.

I didn't respond, I didn't need too. I just pulled her closer.

-

We'd been gone for 3 hours, time just seemed to keep slipping by.

We walked into the kitchen and I was greeted by my mother and fin.

"Billie you've been gone all day and haven't eaten once." My mother said sternly.

"what time is it?.." I asked

"5pm. I'm making dinner, sit down." it wasn't a question it was a demand

I hadn't even mean to go the entire day without food I just got so caught up making sure lily was ok that I'd forgotten.

I sat down and ate. My mother had made rice, vegetables and some strange vegan chicken nugget things. Lily sat with a tiny plate of food in front of her that we all knew she wouldn't touch.

After we ate I head up to my room, lily trailing behind now that we where back inside she had gone back to her quite scared self..

Ready to resume the movies she took a seat next to me.

It wasn't long before Lily's phone started to ring. It wasn't often she was contacted as she was distant from people. I paused the film so she could answer it
"Hey." She spoke. "Wow what? What's going on? Jake? Speak to me?" Her voice changed, she was no longer tired no longer calm. She was alert and panicked, ready to fight. i sat up and listened carefully, i was now concerned.

She hung the phone up, tears streaming down her face, she jumped off the bed and ran out the door.

"Lily?! What's going on?!" I yelled.

We ran down the stairs where I found her begging fin for a lift to her house, hearing the tone in her voice he didn't even hesitate.

We sat in the car she was trying to call jake her brother but he wasn't answering, she still hadn't explained what was going on.

We arrived at the house and she threw herself out the car before it had even fully stopped.

"Slow down!!" I yelled but my words landed on deaf ears.

She threw the door open so fast it made a small dent in the wall. I was concerned and confused I didn't know what to do.

Lily ran off somewhere and I didn't know where until I heard her scream, it was the sort of scream that made my blood freeze and my heart stop.

I ran to where I heard the noise but I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw something I'd never forget.

The corridor was long and at the end of the corridor was Jakes room. Lily was half way down the corridor, trembling, sobbing and struggling to breathe, I stood a few feet behind, I couldn't take my eyes off what I was seeing.

In the doorway to Jakes room was a body. Hung like decoration in the doorway from a noose.

Jake had hung himself.

His body was blue, lifeless, dead.

Fin came round the corner after what seemed like years but had only been a few seconds.

"Shit.." he said as he walked over to me.
"Get lily out of here. now." He said placing his hands on my shoulder, snapping me out of my thoughts. my brain went into survival mode as my feet began to move.

I finally looked away and walked to lily. I tried to remain calm but a tear escaped my eye, I wiped it away as quick as it fell. I needed to be strong for her.

I took her hand and pulled her down the corridor and outside the house. She stumbled along after me, like she was in a trance.

Once outside she collapsed into my arms and we sat on the ground until police and ambulances arrived.

Lily was asked questions, she cried, she even screamed. But nothing changed the fact her brother was dead. He was gone.