Chapter Thirty-Four

Billie eventually convinced me to leave the bathroom after spending about 5 minutes talking.

We sat back down and she slowly pushed the smoothie she had ordered towards me. I ignored it glancing around the room. I knew they weren't but I just felt like everyone was watching me.

Billie began talking and I tried my hardest to focus on her. To the point where I was staring at her.

I sipped  on about half the smoothie before I began to feel sick and didn't drink more.

Before I knew it we'd been in the cafe for 3 hours, I didn't even realise, I was so focused on billie I didn't know the time had slipped past me.

-

I woke the next morning, slowly turning to billie who was awake staring at the sealing. She coughed a few times before moaning and closing her eyes.

"Are you sick??" I said quickly sitting up. She had tour in a few days now was really not the time for her to be sick.

She didn't reply she just moaned again. I touched my hand to her forehead realising quickly that she was burning up.

"Babe! We need to get these sheets off your going to over heat." I said as I took the duvet away.

"No! I'm cold!" She wined.

I quickly jumped out of bed and walked down the corridor and banged on fins door.

He came out and gave me a confused look.

"I think billies sick" I said

He didn't reply simply just began walking to her room.

He crouched down at the side of the bed next to her and I climbed onto the bed and over her body to sit at the other side.

"How do you feel?" He asked her but she didn't want to speak she turned to face me and wrapped her arms around my waist whilst resting her head on my lap and burying her head into my stomach.

Finneas grabbed a thermometer and took billies temperature. When it beeped it was very clear she had a high temperature.

"Get her in the bath. Luke-warm water. I'm going to call the doctor." Finneas spoke with concern lacing his voice, which was only making me panic.

"Come on billie." I said as I grabbed her arms and pulled her to the bathroom, causing her to moan and groan about how she wanted to be back in bed. I slowly helped her strip off her clothes and helped her into the bath as I ran the water.

"I don't feel well." She half moaned half spoke.

"Do you feel sick?" I asked, wishing I didn't.

She nodded and suddenly climbed out the bath, she threw open the toilet seat as she began to gag. I closed my eyes and turned away as I held her hair back.

-

Before long a doctor came and saw her. He prescribed her some medications and put her on bed rest. We were all concerned as she had a tour in 6 days but the doctor said she should feel better in 3-4 days.

I looked over at her sad face she was laying on her side, facing me, she had a light blanket draped over her but she was shivering despite the temperature her body read.

I rubbed her arms in an attempt to make her feel warmer.

"Do you want a drink?" I asked but she shook her head..
"Food?" Another head shake.
"I want to feel better."
"I'm sorry.. I'm not Magic yet." I said getting a slight  smile from her.

She slept for a while, mostly though she would moan about being cold or reminded me she didn't feel well.

"I'm cold." She wined.  I pressed my hand to her forehead.

"... Your burning hot.."

"I'm not I'm cold." She frowned as she threw her hands up to her face in frustration.

I sighed as I snuggled into her side but she shoved me away.

"Ouch.. wha-"

But I was cut off.

"I don't want you getting sick."

"I don't mi-"

"I do." She snapped.

I signed and realised this wasn't a battle I was going to win. I grabbed the glass of water off the bedside table.

"Drink." I said, shoving the glass in her face. Trying to not let her grumpy attitude effect me.

She rolled her eyes but took the glass from me anyway.

"Happy now?" She said handing the glass back to me after drinking a bit.

"I guess." Was all I could manage to say.

-

2 days had past and Billie was still sick. It was Tuesday and we leave for tour Friday afternoon.

I was currently trying to get to sleep on the sofa downstairs, Billie had convinced me and Finneas it was best if we didn't sleep together whilst she was sick. I hated not being in her arms, I hated her not being there to fight the nightmares away. I hated not being around her.

The images flashed around my brain and my body shivered and shook as my breathing nearly stopped.

I watched as a man in black clothes raised a gun to billies head, she glanced at me her eyes filled with fear.

"Save me, please." She spoke.

Then the gun went off, I watched as the bullet made a home in her skull and her body went limp.

I sat up suddenly, looking around I realised it was all a nightmare. I struggled to catch my breath as tears fell from my eyes, I felt the hot liquid burn my eyes.

I eventually after battling with myself for 20 minutes admitted defeat and wrapped the blanket around me before walking up the stairs to billies room. I knew she didn't want me getting sick but there was no way I was going to be able to calm my mind without having her arms around me.

I knocked once before opening and entering. I glanced at her clock.. 4am.

She moaned and rolled over to face me.

"Lily?" She squinted.

I sniffled my tears away at the sight of her being ok.

"Hey. Sorry I didn't mean to wake you.. I just had to see you where ok." My voice broke.