Chapter 1

It has been three years since the war. Three years of picking up the pieces left behind by Hybern. It was hard at first. Our schedules so packed it was almost like the war never ended. Too many nights did I tumble into an empty bed or one with an already sleeping Rhys. Too many nights did I choose sleep over enjoyment because of exhaustion; not that Rhys felt any differently.

It was a hard. Harder than any of us wanted to admit. I thought of Rhys every second of the day. Thought of him inside me, of me on him till it drove me mad. Till we both found a way to satisfy our needs when we could. In the sky, glamoured by our powers, behind an ally between meetings, and even in a closet. It wasn't ideal but it made our moments we had alone together that much more precious.

3 years and things were finally starting to settle down. My family and I had dinners more frequently. We had time to walk around Velaris together and party at Rita's until the sun rose on a new day.

It has been two years since Rhys, and I have been trying. Trying for a baby. The first couple months were filled with such anticipation for something to come. But now.... I worried that because I was "made" it would be harder for us; as everything seemed to be. I knew that fae pregnancies were harder, difficult even, but this was different.

I expressed my concerns to Rhys one night after we found time to make love to each other. He held me and stroked my hair until I was done. He then proceeded to lift my chin with a finger and said that he didn't care if it took a thousand years because when it finally happened, we would do it together and he would be beyond happy to share that life with me.

And just like that my fears floated away. And while the concern was still there it rode next to patience and love. We still called for Madja the next day who agreed that there was a possibility of it being harder, but she assured me I was fertile, and that was that.

I looked up from my meal I forgot I was looking at to find my family sitting around the table chatting and arguing about such stupid things I couldn't help but smile at the normality of it all.

I never took it for granted, none of it; especially Rhys. His death still haunted my dreams. I didn't realize my smile slipped of my face until I heard a voice in my mind:

What's wrong Feyre darling?

I looked up to him seeing those violet eyes pierce into my soul. I gave him a tiny smile and answered, the rest of my family still unaware of the silent conversation we were having.

Nothing, I just....

He let me think, let me figure out my own thoughts.

It's just these moments that make me realize how much we almost lost.

He gave me a half smile and I knew he understood. New that those same thought still haunted him as well as it most likely did my whole family.

Bath in 5?

He asked into my head.

I nodded to him a smile plastered onto my face and stood up from the table mastering a look of innocence onto my face. The eyes of my family snapped to me and I said with as much calmness in my voice as I could.

"I'm going to bed, I'm tired."

It wasn't a lie. I had woken up this morning unusually tired. They simply smiled and said their goodnights. I grabbed my plate to take it to the kitchen and took all of three steps when blinding pain in my stomach caused me to freeze.

~~~~~~~

Hey guys, this is my first fan-fic so sorry if it's bad. More chapters coming soon!
-S