Chapter 11

Today was the day. I was finally 9 months pregnant and we were announcing the pregnancy. To say the inner circle and I were excited would be an understatement.

Since the whole Amren thing, at first things were a little tense but it quickly went away when she started working with Madja and I. I have to admit, I think I would be in worse shape if it wasn't for her. However, even with all their help it wasn't enough to get me to full health.

I was on permanent bed rest since month 8 and Madja only cleared today for me to be walking for more than an hour. Rhys was making sure I was eating and would entertain me at all hours of the day so I wouldn't get bored. I think I have made up for decades of reading by how many books I have read in the past month.

The inner circle and I would be dressed in our regular clothes except for myself. As Rhys was getting ready in his usual black tunic and pants, I grabbed my light blue maternity dress. It reminded me of a vast simpler version of my Starfall dress.

"Ughhh" I let out in frustration. "You ok darling?" Rhys asked from his mirror. "Yes, it's just, I'm stuck." Rhys chuckles. "Well come here and I'll help you." "No, you're going to laugh" "Feyre, I promise I won't laugh" I step out from behind the panel and Rhys bursts out in laughter. I scowl and hit him on the arm before laughing myself. My arms were stuck to my head because the dress was too tight, exposing my whole naked body and my huge baby bump.

"I'm sorry. Here, turn around" I turn around and he yanks the dress down with surprising gentleness. "There" I pat down the dress. "Thank you" I say to Rhys before heading to my vanity to put some makeup on.

"How are you feeling?" "Could be better." I reply in truth. "But strong enough to get through today." He nods as if that's all the confirmation he needed. "Remember, you feel bad even for a second and I'll take you home. Whenever you want." He always left an option for me. Always a choice. "Thank you" "you don't have to thank me darling." We smiled at each other for what felt like centuries before Mor knocked on the door.

"Feyre, is Rhys done getting ready? Tell him to hurry up." Rhys looked like he was about to say something sarcastic, but I intervened before he could. "We'll be down in a second" and with that satisfaction she left.

"Well then" I said to Rhys as he helped me up from the chair. "Let's do this"

Later that day:

We stood on a small platform at the center of one of the palaces. I stood next to Rhys and the inner circle behind us. Nesta and Elain stood next to Az and Cassian. Rhys spoke first

"My fellow friends and citizens. It had been 4 years since the war with Hybern. We are all healing and rebuilding along the way together. Recently my mate and I have been blessed with news that I hope will bring us all together and help the healing." He looked to me and I stood a little taller as I spoke, releasing the glamour I had. "I am pregnant." Rhys held my hand and the whole crowd, stretched for as far as the eye could see burst into cheers and tears of happiness.

As the crowd started to settle, I spoke again. "Soon your new high lord or high lady will be born and he or she will live upon you as friends to all." Again, cheers and it felt as if they would never die. People started to scream for presents for the unborn child and Rhys and I had to kindly refuse them. We had plenty.

As the sun dropped beneath the sidra and it occurred to me that I had spent hours talking with my people, the inner circle and I flew back to the house.

"Well. That was.... fun" Az said surprising all of us. "Who new Az could have fun!" Cassian said jokingly giving Az a pat on the back. Almost all at once we dropped on the couches except for me who needed to get help from Rhys. "I think this calls for wine." Mor said. "I agree" Cassian said and they both went down into the cellar. I laid my head on Rhys chest as he played with my hair.

You feeling ok?

Yeah, I breathed. And it wasn't a lie. 

~~~~~~~~~~~
A Short one, I know. But trust me when you read the next chapter you'll know why. I won't be back for a week because I'm going  on a cruise but I'll try to have the next chapter when I come back
-S