Chapter 37

1 Month later:

"Happy Birthday Gawain" Rhys and I said in unison, my family's echo's close behind. G sat on my lap, bouncing up and down as his birthday cake was placed in front of him. One large sparkle candle was lit on his dark blue, star freckled cake. I leaned in to blow the candle for G, but Rhys beat me to it, and I gave him a smack to the chest, his chuckle was his only response.

"Let's get to the cake cutting I'm hungry" Cassian grumbled, and it was Mor's turn to whack him in the chest. Rhys quickly cut the pieces with a snap of his fingers and were distributed on plates. Cassian ripped into his before I was able to bring a piece to Gawain's mouth. "Barbarian" Amren hissed at him, shaking her head in disapproval; he winked at her as if to say 'bite me' but he slowed down. I zigged zagged the fork in front of him like an flying Illyrian and he opened his mouth, eagerly awaiting to try his first piece of cake. I landed the moist piece in his mouth and he chewed. His face was a mix of emotion's as he swallowed the frosting. He took a second to process it but then he was laughing and reaching his tiny hands towards the plate for more. "I think he likes it" Azriel said dryly and I rolled my eyes, making sure he saw it as I fed G another piece. Rhys's fork came across the table and I ate the piece of cake he fed me, shooting him a grateful look. I savored the soft taste of the cake, baked by Elain and the twins. It was so delicious. The fact that I was even here to share a cake with my family.... I placed a kiss to G's cheek.

It had been a month since the disaster that was on the mountain. We hadn't really talked about it, Rhys himself had only told me the parts I had forgotten the day after it occurred. The last thing I remembered was knowing I was going to kill everyone that hurt my family, I knew I had merged with my creatures, knew what I was doing, could easily control it if I wanted, but then I was so tired after killing the last couple of soldiers and then darkness. The same darkness was still in me now, I can feel it, them; but it's different. Now, now they are me, and it wasn't all that bad.

I had woken up a day after the mission and I finally talked to Cassian and Nesta. Cassian, his talk went easy. I didn't even finish telling him sorry before he pulled me into a hug, kissed the top of my head and told me that there was nothing my little butt could do to scare him, that he was scared for me but that's it. Then he changed the subject to talk about Gawain's birthday.

Nesta's conversation.... It's easy to say that even though we left at an understanding and her enveloping me in a hug.... I had a bruise on my cheek for a day. Now though, she was sitting on the couch with Mor, legs crossed under her and a piece of cake in her hand, laughing at something they said to each other. I couldn't help but notice how Az and Elain silently slipped away to the garden. I smirked to myself but continued to feed G pieces of cake. Cassian was in some conversation with Rhys. I only caught a brief snippet of what they were talking about before G became fussy. Something about a rematch tomorrow on the roof.... I stopped listening and handed G over to Rhys, heading to the bathroom.

On my way back to the living room when I was done, I glanced to where my family was. Amren now falling asleep on the couch. My family laughing and happy. I leaned against the wall and just stopped to watch, to breathe it all in. This was my life; nothing would take me away from them again.

I walked over to Rhys, "come here my little baby". "All you have to do is ask" Cassian purred, and I kicked him as I picked up G, planting a kiss to Rhys lips. Cassian pouted "Where's my kiss?" I laughed and rolled my eyes, giving Cassian a small peck on the cheek. "Watch it" Rhys said to Cass behind me, a smirk on his face though. "I thought you could share" "I'll show you how I share my fist with you tomorrow on the ring." Cassian laughed but he stood, walking over to where Nesta was still talking to Mor. Whatever Az and Elain were doing I decided, I did not want to know.... Or, maybe I did. Cassian leaned in to Nesta's ear, saying something that turned her cheeks pink and she stood, grabbing his hand and leading him up the stairs. Mor and I exchanged a long, long disgusted look before laughing. It seemed even Nesta was getting some tonight.

Would you like some too?

Rhys voice purred in my head, making my toes curl in my shoes

Hmmm I don't know,

He came over and nipped my ear, planting a kiss where my ear met my neck; my damn weak spot.

On second thought....

I like the sound of that

Gawain began crying in my arms and Rhys let out a huff, his warm breath curling around my neck. "You don't like the sound of that do you? I promise I'll take very, very good care of your mama." He just kept crying and my smirk was feline. "How about we go lay on a hill, watch some stars then" he asked G which seemed to relax him. "Yeah that's all you like to do isn't it?" he planted a kiss on his forehead and winnowed us all to a hill high above Velaris. The sparkling lights coming from the buildings made the city look gorgeous. Rhys pulled me down to where he laid on the tall grass, pulling G onto his chest where he wrapped his tiny arms around him, head laying sideways against him, turned enough to where he could see the night sky over head. I planted my own head on the crook where his chest met his shoulder, peering up not at the sky but too his face. His eyes met mine and the stars reflected off of them, making them twinkle. "I love you" I whispered to him. He leaned his head down and kissed me "I love you, with all my heart Feyre, forever." "Forever" was my only response before we both turned out heads back to the sky, watching as the stars glowed above us. The Night Court eternal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you all for the constant support.

As the end nears I can't think of anything else I could have dreamed for than the love this story has received. I started it a little over a year ago I believe just so maybe one or two people could enjoy It but It has become so much more than that and I want to thank you all again for coming back and reading every chapter I publish. I know I wasn't always consistent but when I uploaded, you guys were there.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart,

xoxo,

-S