Chapter 8

6 more months. I wasn't counting down the days, hours, and minutes because I was dreading the day. On the contrary I couldn't be more excited for that day to come.

It may be way, way to early but I was already looking for stuff to put in the nursery. Mor found a catalog for me in a store and picked it up. So that's what I was doing now. And while I rather have Rhys with me, he was off doing some work so the next best thing will have to do.

"Cassian are you just going to stare at me all day or are you going to help. I can call Az if you're too bored."

"Sorry" he replied. "What were you saying?"

He sounded....off.

"Cassian, is everything ok? You've been kind of distracted today." I asked, genuinely worried.

"I'm fine."

I gave him a look that probably would have sent lesser men running.

He let out a long sigh. "Fine. It's just" he stared at my small bump through my dress. Large enough that I had to glamour it on walks through Velaris. He smiled and looked back into my eyes. "Don't get me wrong Feyre, I'm ecstatic for this baby. We need some light in this court after Hybern".

My eyes watered as I remembered the events that played out only a couple years ago. Has it really been years already? It feels like it was only a couple months ago. Since being pregnant my hormones have been all over the place, so it was no shock when tears began slipping down my face.

"Call me selfish or whatever but, I like when we hang out. And I don't want this baby to take away all our time."

Oh. That's what this was about. Cassian wipes away my tears with his thumb as I smiled at him and threw my arms around his neck.

"Oh Cass, I promise I'll make time for us. Just the two of us if that's what you want." I pulled back and gave him a wink that sent him laughing. "To be honest I never knew you were that attached to me." I put a hand on my chest for emphasis. "I'm quite honored." I stood and bowed before him. Well, as much as I could. I didn't know how much longer could hold out before I needed to buy new clothes again.

He stood before me and gave a deep bow, waving his hand in large exaggeration. "No high lady, the honor is all mine."

It was then that the front door opened to Mor and Az arm in arm. They took one look at us and scrunched their brows in confusion. I realized how ridiculous we must look and burst into laughter; Cassian short behind.

I stood and grabbed their hands dragging them to the couch. "Sit" I told them. And ran into Rhys cellar to get some wine. I poured each of them a generous portion and handed it to them. Then I poured myself a tall class of sparkling water at sat down with them, raising my glass.

"To the stars who listen- "

"And the dreams that are answered" they all replied in unison and took a large gulp. It was also then when Rhys walked right through the front doors, looked at us and whined. "Why do you guys always wait until I'm gone to open the good wine?" And I laughed as I stood to greet him. Pecking his lips.

"Come, sit with us we were all just talking." Rhys looked to the others to see why I was in such a good mood and they all just shrugged and continued to laugh and drink their wine as they talked amongst themselves. Rhys sat on the couch, me next to him, head on his chest when everyone suddenly starred at me.

I felt heat raise to my cheeks as I asked, "what are you guys starring at?" They looked to Rhys.

Can you not hear it?

Hear what? I asked getting a little annoyed. The fact that they were all still sitting and not prepared for an attack made my nerves calm a bit.

I felt Rhys rub against me in the channel between our minds, inviting me in his head. I gladly excepted.

I saw everyone as they were but the only thing different was, I could see myself too. I guess I didn't notice I had taken quite a few pounds.

Your still beautiful. Rhys purred.

I gave him a small smile, only not replying because I heard it, what everyone else heard too. What I, for some reason couldn't hear.

Thump, thump, thump

It was a heartbeat, a strong and steady one. Mine. Ours.

I let out a breath and went back into my body to find tears streaming down Rhys eyes. Down all of my family's eyes. They all smiled and looked towards my stomach where life was growing.

It was then if I wondered, if this baby would be the one to heal us all. To glue the final pieces together.

I wouldn't be surprised. Was all Rhys replied.

~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, I know this isn't the best one but to be honest I had some writers block and just really wanted to get something out. I had a plan for about every chapter except for this one so they should be coming out a bit quicker. Also, some of you might feel disappointed with a certain part of the story line coming up but I promise you'll get what you guys asked for. Just pls be patient ♥️ thank you.