Chapter 5

The next morning Rhys held me close to him as he flew me to the house of wind. And while I could summon wings myself, I was still too weak to fly, and I doubt Rhys would let me out of his grasp seeing that he held me in a position similar to this just last night. I smile as I remembered.

Last night & this morning:

When Rhys and I saw that clear stone we both froze. After what seemed like ages, we both turned to each other and I found tears running down both of our faces.

He laid a hand on my stomach and kissed me. Soft, gentle, passionately and I kissed him back with just as much love. I wiped his tears away and snuggled into his arms as we laid down in the bed.

We stayed like that the whole night. His wings wrapped around me in a cocoon of warmth and his arms wrapped around my body, hands resting on my stomach and head nestled in the crook of my neck.

I held him and planted kisses along his neck, his chin, his jaw, his cheeks, his lips. I could have stayed like that forever, just the two of us like that.

Rhys whispered into my ear "together Feyre, and to many more miracles" I sent a strong, strong feeling of emotion down the bond and he held me tighter in response. And with that, I feel asleep.

I woke up to see sunlight streaming in through the membrane of Rhys wings. I smiled as I turned around to see him sleeping. I rarely got to see him sleep so deep. I kissed his cheeks as his eyes started to flutter open.

"Hello Feyre darling." He purred, his voice raspy from how early it was. He pulled me in tightly to him and crashed his lips onto mine. He rested a hand on my stomach and pulled away only to lay his head on my stomach. "Hello little one." He said and planted a gentle kiss, his lips warm against my skin.

I had no words to describe what I felt looking at him in this moment. But he understood, his eyes snapped to mine, and pure joy flashed across those eyes. I smiled before I felt something rise up my throat. I covered my mouth with a hand and quickly slithered off the bed into the bathroom and vomited.

Rhys was there in a second holding back my hair and rubbing soothing circles on my back as he always did. He was always so patient with me. He murmured comforting words as I laid my head on the edge of the basin.

When I confirmed with him that I was done, he scooped me into his arms and strode for the bed. "The others are worried about you." He said. "I looked up at him from where I rested my head on his chest clutching my stomach where it started to hurt again. "Maybe we should visit them today then. Tell them." His violet eyes slid to mine.

"Whatever you want Feyre. Here drink this." He handed me the vial Madja left on the side of the bed and laid me down, propping up pillows for me to sit. "I'll call Madja and get us breakfast." I nodded as he placed a kiss to my temple and exited with a wink.

I closed my eyes. I must have fallen asleep though because I woke up to the smells of.... of...... I ran to the bathroom again and vomited. Short this time. Quick enough that I was up again by the time Rhys came to help me. I laid a hand in the wall and took a breath.

"I'm fine I said." And his muscles relaxed. "Just," smelling it again almost made me hurl. I raised a hand to my throat. "The smell of sausage is suddenly so very repelling."

A soft female laugh fluttered into the room. "Yes, you will find many smells will now make you want to hurl, and certain unusual foods will call to your attention." Madja said as she strode in, Rhys probably told he the results of the stone. Madja paused, thinking. "Like peanut butter and pickles." She bowed before entering the room further.

I cringed making a face at what she said that sent Rhys and Madja laughing. "So, on top of the constant puking, my food pallet is different too?" A small nod in response. I smiled slowly, "and people like pregnancy?" That sent them chuckling again and I could tell my attempt at humor cleared some worry in Rhys eyes.

I'm fine, really.

He simply nodded and helped me back to the bed. The dishes of food nowhere to be seen. "How are you feeling today Feyre?" She stood on the edge of the bed and began doing some checkups. "Better this morning thanks to your tonic."

She pursed her lips "I'm afraid you might have to take those every morning or the pain will be unbearable. I still do not understand why you are I'm so much pain, but I will continue researching." A nod from Rhys and I. "Ok let's begin with your vitamin schedule and then we'll move on to body exertion and then any questions you have." I blew out a breath and nodded.

~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Hope you liked it, more is coming.
-S