Chapter 3

Rhys pulled away and gave me a quick kiss on the temple before striding to open the door. The coldness and emptiness of where his hands and body used to be hit me like a rock and I moaned in pain.

Rhys clenched his jaw as he thanked Madja for getting here so quickly and strode for me. It must have only been minutes then.

Madja set her bag on the feet of the bed and bent to me until we were eye level. I stared into her blue eyes and she scrunched her brows together before reaching into her bag and starting her examination.

Rhys stayed standing but held my hand and stroked my hair. It hit me then. The nausea and my dinner rising up my throat.

"Bucket" was all I managed to rasp or risk vomiting everywhere. Rhys summoned a bucket and held it on the edge of the bed just in time before I leaned over and spilled out my dinner. Rhys held my back and rubbed soothing circles along my back.

"Madja what's wrong with her?" Rhys said tightly, clipped.

"I do not know high lord" she said in a voice that seemed angry. But that anger wasn't to us, but to herself because she could not figure out what was wrong.

But then she looked at me. Eyes wide with shock and it seemed like she had realized something she did not before.

"High lord," she started. "Is there any way Feyre could be pregnant?"

She asked him, not me because I couldn't answer, not through the pain and I made a note to thank her for that later.

Rhys stilled and even the pain paused at those words. But it began again with a pounding force that caused me to turn over the bed again and vomit into the bucket.

"I.......Yes." He breathed as if that was all he could muster. He continued to hold my hair back. "Is that what you think this is? I would have been able to smell it on her if she was"

"I don't know" Madja whispered as if trying to figure out a puzzle. "I've never seen any pregnancy with these symptoms and yes you should be able to smell if she was but I can think of no other reason why she is feeling like this. Maybe..." she paused to think. "Maybe because she was 'made' pregnancies are different."

I let out a moan that sent Rhys clenching his jaw. "Do what you have to do" he said. She nodded and took something out of her bag. It was clear like a crystal, but the stone was dark and flat.

She lifted up my dress up to my breasts and I thanked the mother I wore decent undergarments today. Rhys let out a little laugh no doubt reading my mind and I smiled at him. He held both of my hands as Madja laid that crystal but not crystal on my stomach.

It was painfully cold, and I hissed through my teeth. Rhys squeezed my hands tighter. Madja then continued to poor a rose smelling oil onto the stone and my stomach before muttering some words that made the stone glowing.

It was a black glow, almost like the one Rhys and I could summon but it was different. There was light in it, I found it mesmerizing.

When the stone seemed to suck the light back into itself Madja leaned over, picked up the stone and held it to the light.

Rhys and I were holding our breath.

Madja came back with the stone and placed it in our hands. "Wait 10 minutes" if it turns clear, your pregnant. But if it turns so dark you can't see through...... I fear something else is at play that is making you feel this way." Rhys growled a little at those words. Not to Madja but to the threat that she proposed that could be upon me.

And with that she smiled, picked up her back and stride for the door. "Call me when you find out or if anything changes. I've numbed the pain for now but if it returns, and it most likely will, I have left a potion on the side of the bed for you to take." Rhys nodded and mumbled his thanks again before she shut the doors. 

~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading guys! Can you already guess what's going to happen? Hehe
-S