Chapter TwentyTwo - It can't be true.

Cali's P.O.V

As I sat in my bedroom I started thinking about everything Killian and I have been through, good and bad. I've been missing him a lot but that day when I found out about him cheating won't get out of my head, I just can't believe he did that to me.

Hearing CJ cry in his new nursery I quickly got out of bed to get him.

"Mama I got this, go get some rest."

"It's okay baby I don't mind." She placed him in her arms rocking him back and forth. "I use to do this exact same thing with you and Cai when you were little." She smiled.

"And now you get to do it with CJ." I rubbed his little chubby cheeks.

"You know I'm really happy your dad is back in you guys life, especially Cai." She admitted.

"He's in all of our lives." I told her. "He actually admitted a few things to me back in NY."

"What did he say?"

I smiled. "He still love's you mama, he told me that himself. He has never stopped loving you."

A smile formed on her face. "I love him too but I'm afraid that if I open that door with him that he's gonna end up leaving us again."

"mama he's changed, whether you see it or not, he has."

She sighed. "We'll see what happens baby." She kissed my forehead.

The house phone started ringing. "Here hold him." She placed CJ in my arms. "I'll answer it."

I smiled as I watched my baby brother squirm around in my arms as he slept. I can't wait until we can finally have a conversation with one another, I already know he's gonna be a heart breaker with his looks.

My mama came running into the nursery. "What's wrong?" I asked her as I watched her wipe away tears.

"Killian's in the ER, we have to leave now, I'll go get your father." She ran out of the room.

Killian? I prayed she wasn't talking about my Killian, the Killian that has my heart.

I quickly threw on something warm then wrapped CJ tightly into his little blanket.

"Cali come on." My mama yelled.

I ran downstairs with the baby. "Give him here." My dad took him from me.

"I hope Ava's okay." My mama told us as her voice cracked.

She drove us all to the hospital safely in a matter of minutes. We walked into the waiting room where all of Killian's family were. I watched as they all sat around with tears in their eyes praying asking God to keep him safe.

My mama walked over to Ava comforting her while My dad and I sat beside Cai.

"What happened Cai?" My dad asked.

"Man it's a long story but some dude shot him."

I felt like crying, I wouldn't wish that on anyone not even him. "Where?" I asked.

"Two in the shoulder and one on his side." Cai explained to us.

"Damn Cai, this is why you two should stop this gang shit." My dad told him.

"We gone stop eventually." He told us.

"I think you two should now, look where it brought us." I told him.

We all got comfortable in our seats as we waited on the doctor, about an hour or two he had finally came out.

"Family of Killian Harris?" The doctor spoke, we all jumped up running towards him.

"Is my baby okay?" Ava asked.

The doctor gave of all a sympathetic look before he spoke. "I'm sorry but he didn't make it." Tears ran down my face as he said those words. "We did everything we could but he just wasn't responding." He said before walking off.

Everyone was comforting one another as they all cried.

I tried my best to keep calm but looking over at Ava and how she was crying hysterically I just couldn't.

The man I fell in love with is now dead.

It's a little short but there's more to come in chapter twenty three.

How will things be now that Killian's 'dead'?

Will Cai blame himself for what happened?

How do you think Cali's going to overcome all of this?

Keep reading to find out more, you never know what's gonna happen next.

Ohh yeah, remember to please vote and comment!