trois.

after the red carpet walk, doyoung wrapped his arm around lucas's shoulders as they walked towards the entrance together. the older noticed instant radiance from his dongsaeng. the smile on his face was different.

"yah lucas! you haven't said a word ever since we arrived. so unlike you." doyoung raised an eyebrow at the chinese man.

lucas lets out a chuckle. "i'm just a bit overwhelmed, hyung." he could only reply. there was no way he could tell his hyung about her especially since he was close to one of her members as well.

it wasn't that lucas doesn't trust doyoung. he would just rather keep his feelings to himself for now.

as they entered the venue and were lined up to get seated, lucas casually looks around as if he was admiring the venue but he was actually attempting to look at her.

"omg. is this what an idol feels like? i wouldn't know cause i've been in SM's basement for so long." lucas heard his kun hyung say making the others chuckle.

nct were seated at the back due to the fact that there were a lot of them. lucas found himself seated in between taeyong and ten. the three began to goof off as they wait for the event to start.

"in my opinion, i have the best hair tonight."

"best hair? i can see your scalp all the way from here. you're balding!"

"i have 17 kids to take care of. what do you expect?!"

"you're not even a good mom. i prefer kun hyung."

"you take that back right now, young man or i'm karate kicking your ass back to china."

"seeing a 5'9 adult male attempting to kick a 6 foot male would be a funny sight."

"shut up, ten. you're what? a whole 5'6?"

a dramatic gasp came out of ten's mouth. "for your information, i'm a whole 5'7. get it right, tae."

"you don't expect tae hyung to memorize our heights right? for an old man like him, that would be too much. i don't think he even remembers his own height."

"you disrespectful little brat. i regret adopting you."

"you didn't adopt me! i was just thrown at you."

"that's probably why lucas lacks of braincells, he dropped all of them when sm threw him at you."

"ten hyung, i thought we were on the same side here."

"hey if i see the opportunity to attack, i take it." ten shrugged.

before they could even further argue with each other, the lights were turned down a bit and soon, the event had started.

lucas' eyes automatically travelled to his blonde headed queen who seemed so far out of reach from him but only, she was a couple of seats away. her group was seated next to btob which lucas could tell from how one of the members kept eyeing her left and right that made the chinese man want to punch him in the face.

sunbaenim or not, he was rather being rude staring at her almost all the time. if not for her naivety, she would be aware of what was going on. especially if someone was basically eye raping her.

"uhhh lucas, your grip is a little too tight." he heard his ten hyung say.

lucas snapped out of his thoughts as he looked down to where his hand had gone it was squeezing ten's thigh.

"oh my god, man. mianhe, hyung. i didn't realize..." lucas trailed off.

"yah lucas, if you wanted me, you could've just said so and i would gladly ditch this place." his ten hyung teased and winked at him making lucas cringe and laugh before pushing ten's shoulder, playfully.

"yah chittaphon. chill tf down. your gay is showing." taeyong butted in making ten slap his arm.

"why did i end up getting seated with you two?" the youngest from the three of them whined.

"shut up, xuxi. you love us." taeyong wrapped an arm around the taller male.

once again, lucas caught a glimpse of her glancing at him but he wasn't sure as she had looked away as he glanced. but it didn't stop lucas from smiling.