vingt.

the three idols made their way towards a karaoke bar. lisa followed behind the two got7 members, watching as both male converse with each other with jackson mostly poking fun at bambam. the blackpink member watched in amusement at their interaction. she was used to how jackson and bambam would treat each other. it was their way of showing their affections. they were both mischievous like her and that was probably why she gets along with them so well. she had known the thai male since they were children. nowadays, it was pretty common to lose in touch of your friends after a few years but the two of them remained strong. both of them had followed their dreams and stayed friends throughout. the blonde couldn't recall how many times her fellow thai idol had been there for her to cheer her up and make her forget about the insults and threats she received online. not that she was paying any mind to them as she knew how many people love her and for lisa, they were all that matters. she was grateful for her family and her friends anyway. she was also grateful for those people that appreciated her and given her so much positivity despite all the negative attention she had gotten.

she knew before getting into the industry that there was no way you could please everybody. she respected other people's opinions and were always open to the public's criticism of her when she debuted as the first foreign idol in yg.

hearing her phone chime indicating a text, she was snapped out of her thoughts and looked down at her phone. it was one of hers and bambam's thai friends sorn. she had replied to the group chat saying she was on her way to the karaoke bar where she would be meeting with them and lisa couldn't be any happier.

due to their own respective schedules, it was difficult for lisa and sorn to hang out with each other. yg was also strict with their artists hanging out with idols from different companies. since yg already had a soft spot for bambam since the ceo had met the thai male back before got7 debuted as a group, he knew he could trust the male to protect lisa. he was also already aware of their friendship being known in public.

when they arrived, both got7 members got a private room and the three waited. lisa wondered who else were coming as both males didn't really disclose other names besides sorn and minnie, a cube trainee who is also a close friend of lisa's and bambam's. (a/n: lucas officially debuted in february 2018 as a new member of nct and (g)i-dle didn't debut until may of the same year. i'm trying to be as accurate in the timeline as possible so for now, minnie is still a trainee.)

as the time went by, the room filled in with their close friends. sorn and minnie had arrived together, mark (tuan) arrived as well and told his fellow members that the others couldn't make it because of their solo schedules, ten arrived as well which surprised a few of them as it was rare to have sm let ten hang out with his friends. however, he seemed very down and not being his usual loud and chaotic self. he had sat down next to lisa and laid his head on her shoulder. the blonde knew there was something wrong but this was the wrong place for her to ask him so she lets him rest his head on her while the others conversed. the others were also aware and would occasionally let ten pitch in and try to join the conversation. ten would join in, of course. he didn't want the others to worry about him but he knew that they were already aware of his mood.

he knew he should be happy. debuting in a permanent group and being able to finally showcase more of what he could be capable of was his dream. he was heartbroken when he didn't make it into nct's first permanent unit. he recalled the times he locked himself in his room and thought of what he was lacking that he couldn't debut with the others. he was the only nct u member that didn't make it to 127. he remembered getting tons of messages and calls from his friends asking him if he was okay and would constantly check up on him. but he didn't let his emotions show because he knew how taeyong and the rest of the members would feel and he didn't want to get in the way. they worked so hard to get what they had achieved and he was happy for them either way. after all, they were still his family and forever will be.

but at that moment, he felt like he was being ungrateful. he finally reached his dreams yet the moment felt bittersweet. the opportunity of finally being known and being able to perform on stage and make people smile makes him want to jump up and down with joy but that also meant that he was going to leave the people he care about behind. it's not like he wasn't coming back ever but he felt so attached to every single person he knew and spent time with, his heart was now anchored to south korea...his second home.

he decided to tell everyone afterwards and forget about it for now as he wanted to have fun with them for the last time, at least for awhile. he knew they would still keep in contact with each other but it was going to be different now that he could only be able to reach them through calls and messages.

'i leave her now to you, taeyong. but break her heart, i will break your pretty face until it ain't pretty anymore.'

ten thought to himself before deciding to lighten up and forget about it for the rest of the night to have fun with his friends.

(a/n: literally posting an update minutes before blackpink's pre-release. who's ready??? i'm literally staying up late just to watch the MV as it comes out. i'm ready to die in my sleep knowing we'll all be attacked by their visuals and their vocals and rap. STREAM 'HOW YOU LIKE THAT' AND LET'S BREAK THEIR OWN RECORD FROM THEIR LAST COMEBACK! stay safe still loves. i know it's still tough out there and i hope all of you are doing alright. stay positive and strong. we'll all get through this. ILY!!!)