F O R T Y - S I X

{ Harlow }

I got this morning checking on Jr to see if he was up or sleep

I got this morning checking on Jr to see if he was up or sleep. If he sleep, that's good for me. But he wasn't sleep. He was up, eyes wide open looking at the ceiling.

"Hey Jr"I picked him up. I walked out the room with him in my arms. I walked downstairs to the kitchen but didn't expect Michael to be cooking. "Morning"I said while narrowing my eyebrows at him.

"Hey, I made you breakfast"he said flipping the pancakes.

"I guess cookie taught you well"I said.

"Yeah she did"he smiled. "So now, I can cook for you"

"Well thank you"I smile.

"Feed Jr then put him in his little baby bed"he said. I nod my head and took out his bottle. I fed him his bottle and waited for him to go to sleep.

Finally he fell off to sleep from eating way to much. He gone be a fat baby. All he do is sleep, eat, and shit.

"Is he sleep?"Michael ask.

"Yeah"I walk to the dinning room table seeing the food that Michael cooked. "Why you doing this?"I ask.

"Just wanted to talk to you"he sat sat down in front of me. "Want some pancakes, eggs, bacon?"

"I just want some coffee please"I said. He nod his head fixing my coffee while eating some bacon.

I grab my coffee cup but kept staring at him. Something all the way off.

"I just wanted to talk about us. I'm really in love with you and I want to be with you forever"Michael said.

Is this really true? Do he want to be with me forever? I look out the window seeing the birds flying all around.

"But I do have some secrets"Michael said. "I do have HIV. But I'm free though. I take pills so I won't attract AIDS"

"Why you haven't told me that you have it? Now I have to check and see do I have it or do Jr have it"I said.

"You don't have it, trust me"Michael said.

"Anything else I need to know"I mumble.

"Yes Samantha was my ex and yes them kids are mines"I been knew that. "Yes, I do take care my kids. I ain't no deadbeat"

"I understand"I said. "Just thanks for telling me your secrets now"

"And I also have something else"he reach in his pocket for something and pull out a velvet box. He open up the box showing me a ring. "Will you marry me?"

What the hell? Marry him? For what? I ain't marrying no one. Not a person who beats me, lies to me, and makes fun of my cooking. And who don't take care of his kids. Hell no.

"Ummmmm"I didn't know what to say.

"Just say yes"he said.

I gulp down my salvia blinking my eyes at him.

"No"