F I F T Y - O N E

{ Harlow }

The next day, me and Milan went to the doctor to take some DNA. I need to see do I have HIV as well. I don't think I have it. Nothing haven't happen to me yet. I don't know how this shit work.

"Harlow?"the nurse called me. I put the magazine down and pick up Milan car seat. I walk inside the room and settle the car seat on the exam table.

I waited and waited for the doctor to come in the room. Finally he came in with clip board and needles. God I don't want to hear Milan cry.

"Hello there Miss"he sat down in the chair. "What brings you and your baby here today?"

"Well I want to know do my child or me have HIV. His father have it"I said.

"Well, you don't need no blood test to see cause I know already. We have a lot of these come through the office"he said. "Yes you do have it if he have it and had sex with you. Y'all had a baby together, the baby have it. HIV passes around through seman or blood. His seman went inside you and there goes your baby"

I sniffle and wipe my eyes. "How can I get the medication for both of us?"I ask.

"Well, I'ma prescribed you with something for you and your baby so he can be protected from the HIV"he said. "Anything else?"

"I still DNA"I said.

"Okay, let me get started with his DNA. Is this for....."

"For the detectives office. They want you to send it to them after your finish"I said.

He nodded his head. "Alright. You ready for this"

"Should I?"I chuckled.

"Some mothers cry when they hear their babies cry"the doctor said.

"I guess"I said. He nod his head and took the needle from the table.

"Alright baby boy. I won't hurt you"he said then stuck Milan in the arm. Milan cried loudly. It hurted my heart to see him cry like that. "I'm all done"

"Awwwwww Milan, it's over with"I kiss his cheek. He was still crying from the pain of the needle.

"Give us a call if anything happens okay"the doctor said.

"Okay I will"I smiled. I grabbed my stuff and put Milan in his car seat. Now I have to wait till the detective office calls back.

{ later }

I sat on the couch doing a bit of research on Michael. Was he ever in jail? But Brian said he never was in jail, Cherie never showed signs of her liking Michael, and he never came over to Brian house. But Cherie had a house of her own. Brian told me his address to the house and of course, that wasn't the house Cherie died at. So which ever house she was at, wasn't for Brian nor her.

Michael first child was born in 2005. He or she should be 13 years old now. His second child is dead and the mother of his second child had HIV. But she's still living. And living her best life. I have to contact her. I need more information about Michael.

"Harlow, it's time for you to go to bed. You have work tomorrow"my mom said.

"Ma, I ain't a damn child. I know what time I'm supposed to be asleep"I said.

"What the hell you doing?"she ask.

"I might see Michael tomorrow. I'm so scared he might do something bad"I said.

"He won't trust me"she said. "Just stay out of his way and give him the silent treatment"

"I'ma try"