Chapter 7

"H-Huh?! What the fuck is wrong with you?" A male yelled, hearing the girl's request.

"I'll explain... but can I come in first?" The girl asked. Jax nodded and moved out of the doorway to let the girl in, he noticed she had a bag with her to.

She sighed and sat on the couch and he closed the door.

"Okay, so what's up?" Jax asked. "I haven't seen you in a couple of weeks and now all of a sudden you want to stay for the night. And isn't that a bit odd since y'know I'm like 20?!" He says. "You aren't worried about the kind of shit I could do?"

"No. I'm not. You wouldn't lie and I know you wouldn't do anything bad to me. I remember when I asked if you did anything to me you yourself freaked out and said you wouldn't think of it and that you're a 'respectable male adult' am I correct?" Skye says.

Jax sighed and nodded. "Yeah you're right. I couldn't do shit like that... anyways what's with the question and you coming here out of the blue?" Skye glanced up at him, he noticed that her eyes were more dull than before and there was... a mark on her face, it was a faded red, but it represented a hand mark. He stepped a bit closer to her to examine it. "Don't tell me..."

"Yeah... my father... he hit me..." She mumbles.

"Damn... he got you good too..." Jax said. "Does it sting at all?"

"It did... but I'm fine. It doesn't bother me." Skye gave him a weak smile. "It's strange... it feels like I've felt this pain once before too..."

"How can you be so calm about this?" Jax says. 'Why am I saying this when I would act the same way...?' He thought.

"If it will make you feel better I'll put ice on it." She says.

"Alright. I'll get it for you." He says, going into the kitchen and getting a bag of ice.

'It's so weird... she said she had a good family, but then out of the blue her dad just goes and hits her... unless... she lied to me.' The thought made Jax want to punch himself, did his first true friend lie to him? Even after he told her he hated liars.

Once he finished filling a small plastic bag with ice he walked back over to the couch and placed the bag in her hand and sat next to her.

"Hey Skye..." Jax mumbled.

"Hmm?" She glanced at him.

"Did you lie to me?" He asked.

"No. I wouldn't lie to you. I wouldn't want you to hate me. We're friends... why would you think that?" Skye asked.

"Because... you said that your family was fine. But it seems strange that out of the blue your father just goes and hits you." Jax says.

Skye glanced at the floor. "Yeah... I was thinking the same thing..."

"So you have no clue why this happened?" Jax raised an eyebrow.

"Well maybe I do... I'm not sure... my family was fine and then all of a sudden a few weeks ago my parents started fighting and it got to the point to where the neighbors complained to authorities... Ah! Y-You probably don't care about that part though!" Skye says.

"If I didn't I would've stopped listening. But I didn't. What happened after that?" Jax asked her.

"Well this man... I had met him a few weeks before he came to my house earlier... he was like a counselor. He was asking Eliza and I questions on our parents... and how they were acting... I lied..." She mumbles the last part.

"You lied so your parents wouldn't harm you right?" Jax asked. Skye nodded. "Look where that got you."

"Do you hate me now?" Skye asked him.