Chapter 18

"Hey! Hey, brat! Get up!" Eliza was being shaken by someone, and she was slowly waking up.

"Hm..." She mumbles, opening her eyes, her sight was a little blurry and there was a small scent of chloroform still in her senses.

It took her a moment before she quickly sat up. "S-Skye?!" She says, she looked around and saw only Jax. She immediately moved away from him, a startled and scared look on her face.

"What's wrong with you?!" Jax says. "What happened to Skye?!"

"No! No!" Her breathing was quick. "Nonononono!" She said quickly. "Get away! I have to find Skye!"

"What do you mean?! What happened?!" He noticed that look on the young girl's face, it was a disgusted and a terrified one. That was probably directed at him and whatever else that happened. He took a deep breath to calm down a bit, he can't scare her anymore than he already did. She's his best friend's sister, he needed to get her to trust him again. "Look. I'm not a killer... anymore." He says.

"W-What do you mean?" She asked.

"Skye brought me back to my senses... I can't explain the whole thing right now. But I promise, I won't hurt you or her ever. I hate breaking promises more than anything." Jax says.

"I still don't believe you-" She then remember Skye said something about how they planned to see Jax again in the first place- "Entirely... so I'm keeping my guard up..." Eliza says. "But I suppose I'll explain what happened. But I'm making it quick."

~

"Do you need help?"

Eliza whipped her head around and when she saw when she saw who it was her eyes widened and she gripped her sister's hand tighter.

That man was Dr. Morgan. He had a sinister grin on his face.

Eliza had a scared expression on her face. "Go away!-" She got slapped.

"You're being too noisy." He says. "Any louder and I'll do more than just a slap." That thought terrified the hell out of the ten year old girl.

"I hate you... get away from us." She says. "I won't let you get to Skye."

Morgan laughed a little. "Well that isn't your choice. You're trying to act confident, meanwhile you're just a scared little brat. Look at yourself, you're shaking." He says.

"Shut up." She says. "Shut up! Shut up! Shut up-" Her mouth was covered with some type of rag and she accidentally took a breath inwards.

She ended up laying on the ground. The last words she heard from him were "Say goodbye to your 'big sis'."

~

"Then he just threw me away in this alley, probably hoping the serial killer- well, you- would get me." She explained.

Every word of that story made Jax's blood boil. 'So that doctor that they were seeing was most likely Danny all along.'

"Jax! We need to get to her, before it's too late! He's most likely taking her eyes, but who knows what else!" Eliza says.

"I know." Jax says. "I need to get something from my apartment first." 'I'm sorry Skye, but this is to save you...'

There was a red glint in his eye and Eliza knew exactly what he was talking about.

"Right."

~

"What do you mean, I'm staying here?!" Eliza shouted. "Skye's my sister, I need to find her!"

"Kid, listen. We can't lose your sister, but we also can't lose you." Jax explains.

"But-"

"There's no buts! You're staying here! I can't risk you getting hurt over a stupid mistake!" Jax shouts. "I wouldn't forgive myself, and Ray would-"

"Eh? Who is-"

"Never mind." The man chuckled a little before staring at the ten year old seriously. "Stay here, and lock the door. Don't let anyone in until we say it's us!"

"But Jax-"

The man went to the door. "And Eliza, I promise to bring your big sister home. Safe and sound. And remember, I don't break promises." He then left.

'He didn't call me brat or anything like that this time... he also promised he'd bring her back... I want Skye and Jax back. I want that happy family we created back together again... but I can't just sit here...'

~

"Ugh..." A seventeen year old girl opened her eyes and looked around. Her wrist and and ankles were practically chained up as she was tied to a chair in an unfamiliar place. "W-Where am I?"

'What happened?' The last thing she remembers seeing is her sister's crying face. 'That's right!' "Eliza?!"

"Now, now miss, why are you so loud?" Skye looked in the direction of the voice. She recognized the voice far too well.

"D-Doctor...?" She says surprised.

The man just smiled at her. "I'm surprised you woke up so soon. I was hoping to at least get your peepers while you were unconscious."

'Ah! He's Doctor Danny's new life! I should've seen this sooner! Eliza was right to be weary of him...' Skye thought.

"Where's my sister? What did you do with Eliza?!" Skye yelled.

"Oh. The brat? No need to worry about her. She should be dead by now." Skye felt her heart just drop. Her eyes darkened completely.

"What...?" She says.

The man just smirked. "Your eyes are so lovely now. The brat should've been dead when we first met. Who knew that her death would bring so much despair to you." He said with a laugh.

"How could you...? She was only a ten year old girl..." Skye was practically shaking. The happy young girl she had as a sister in this new life... gone?

"She was in the way." The man chuckled a little. "Hey, I have an idea. I could kill you too and take your eyes... or..." The man caressed her cheek. "You can live with me."

Skye was disgusted and quickly bit his hand and Morgan retracted it. "Gah!"

"As if! I can't stand you! You horrible, horrible man!" Skye yelled.

The doctor rubbed at the spot she bit. Instead of having a pained expression, he laughed. "Oh, you dumb girl. You have no clue what you have done." He then smirked at her and walked away.

'Bastard...!'

~

Jax was running through the alleyways trying to get to the church. If anyone knew anything about the town, it was of course going to be the reverend.

"Finally here..." He panted a bit, he had just ran a good couple miles in under ten minutes. "No time to waste." He immediately opened the church doors.

"OLD MAN!"