Chapter 21

'What just happened...? Am I really...? Is he really...? Is this a real kiss? Is he really kissing me?! And am I really kissing him?!' Skye was so confused. First he was so irritated, now he was kissing the girl.

'What am I...? Wait!' Jax quickly pulled away. "Skye... I'm... I didn't mean to..." He couldn't get the words out, but the look of guilt on his face showed what he was trying to say.

"It's okay..." Skye says, giving him a soft smile. "I didn't mind it. You were just frustrated and you couldn't think, right?"

"Yeah... well... for the most part I guess..." He mumbled the last part to himself. "Anyways lets go home... I need time to think. And we can talk about this later..."

~

"What in the deepest, darkest hell did I do?!" Jax grumbled to himself. It was night and he was laying on the couch, while Skye and Eliza took the bed, like usual.

"I really kissed her..." He mutters, running his hands over his face. "I really fucked up. She's now probably uncomfortable around me now... Fuck!"

"I'm not uncomfortable around you." A feminine voice said. Jax immediately jumped and sat up. He saw Skye peaking out of the hallway, staring at him. There was a look of guilt on her face, along with a small blush.

"Ah shit, you heard all that, didn't ya'?" He groaned, running a hand through his hair.

"Yeah... Sorry. But we needed to talk." Skye mumbles, walking over and sitting next to him on the couch.

He sighed. "Look... I don't know why I did that. You probably hate me, right?"

"No. Not at all. I could never hate you. Never in a million years." Skye says with a small smile. "You're my-"

"Stop." He mutters. 'What am I saying? I'm her friend.'

"Eh? What's wrong? Do you not want to be friends anymore?" She asked.

"No. It's not that... it's just... I don't know!" He shouts, running his hands in hair.

"Oh... I see..." Skye mutters. 'He loves someone...' She thought. She knew what he was talking about. However, he doesn't. She can't flat out tell him... he needs to realize it for himself, and she'll be there to help him.

"Ray. Shit, no. Skye. I don't know what to do..." Jax mutters.

"Then don't worry about it now." Skye says, leaning on him. She closed her eyes. "After all... you have a lifetime to figure it out... and I'll be with you for all of it."

'A life time...' Jax thought. 'She'll be with me... I have to make that happen... no matter what... like I said before... I promised to protect her... so, for this lifetime, I'll protect her.'

"Yeah..." Jax mutters with a smile. "I know..."

"Good." Skye whispers before grabbing his hand and kissing it at the knuckle. "Now get some sleep..."

Jax was surprised at her action, he didn't mind. He just smiled and leaned on her as well. He closed his eyes and let sleep overtake him.

~

"Skye! Please go out with me!"

"Eh?" Skye was at her locker and her red headed friend, Logan, just came up to ask her out.

"Skye, I've loved you for so long! Please give me a chance!" He says, there was a huge blush on his face.

Skye was surprised, she'd never thought anyone would want to date her. Especially since, she was her... however, that's when she realized... he must've been Eddie's new life.

The childhood friend she cared for like a brother, was the kid that loved her in their past lives, and it seems he was just the same in this life too.

Skye bit her lip. She didn't want to hurt his feelings, but she also couldn't date him, it would be too weird for her, she saw him as a brother.

"Logan... listen... I like you too, but not in the way you think... I think of you as a brother... I'm sorry, but, you should fall for someone else..." She says. 'And I already have someone I love in that sense...'

Logan was dumbfounded, unsure of how to react. All he could do, was process what she told him.

~

"I'm spending the night at a friend's, just pick me up in the morning." Eliza tells her sister at the entrance of the elementary school. "Besides, I thought you'd want a night alone with you know who~" She says with a smirk.

'She's not wrong... but now it'll be awkward.' Skye thought. 'I told Jax I'd help him through all this but... ugh! I don't know what to do!'

"Well, bye big sis!" Eliza says before leaving her sister to internally panic.

"Guess there's nothing left to do..." Skye whispered, before taking the route to Jax's house.

~

"Jax I'm back!-" She cut herself off when she noticed Jax asleep on the couch. "Oh shoot... well at least he's a heavy sleeper..." She whispered.

She walked over to him and kneeled down by him. 'His hair is always so messy, in this life and the past...' She moved some hair out of his face. 'I wish he could say, 'I love you' to me... but he doesn't like this like that... he'd probably vomit at the thought...' Skye giggled a bit played with some of his hair. However she quickly tried to retract her hand when she heard him grumble something, although his reflexes are too fast for her, as he grabbed her wrist.

He tiredly opened one eye. "Oh... Skye... its only you..." He mumbled, with a yawn, before letting go of her hand. "Sorry... I thought you were some creep."

"It's okay." She said with a small, genuine smile.

Both of the man's eyes opened, and they widened as well. He wasn't used to these types of smiles from her... especially because they were so cute...

He quickly felt himself get embarrassed and turned to the other side.

Skye was surprised, but then smiled again. 'Slowly, but surely... our relationship is growing for the better...'

~

The priest heard his phone ring and went to pick it up. "Hmm? The phone's ringing... that's new. No one usually calls me, unless..."

Gray picked up the phone. It apparently was the men he sent to inspect Morgan's house.

"What?! What do you mean you found blood but no body?!"

Sorry if this wasn't good, I've been stressed with school and I've been having writer's block 😥