Chapter 10

It's now been a year since Skye and Jax have met and they've now been closer than ever.

Skye has been at Jax's place more and more ever since she's had the key to it. She'd sometimes be there when he wasn't home and just wait for him, although it did startle him most of of the time.

Even now she's at his place, but Jax's isn't very happy at the moment.

"Why the hell is with the people at your school?!" Jax shouted, looking at Skye, who came to his apartment after school.

She got a new uniform and the top is a bit short, since it shows her whole stomach.

"I guess the budget was a bit short this year..." Skye mutters. "It's not a big deal though."

"Not a big deal?! Do you know how much perverts are going to try and 'grab that'?!" Jax shouts.

"You're acting like a mother, calm down." Skye mumbles. "And I can handle myself."

"Fine. But don't blame me when someone tries something." Jax says. He then thought of something. "Wait, hold on."

The male left the room and Skye got really confused on what he meant. She's also confused on why he's getting so worked up over this, it's just a uniform...

"Okay. I'm back." He says, he had one of his hoodies with him, which only left him more confused.

"What's that for-"

"Arms out." He demanded. Skye, still confused, slowly put her arms out.

Jax then tied the hoodie around her waist and smirked when finished. "Okay, you're good."

Skye rolled her eyes and untied the hoodie, she then handed it back to him. "Jax, you know you overthink too much..." she muttered.

"So what? It's probably better that way." He mumbled.

"Listen, I'll be fine. I was fine today, and I'll be fine tomorrow." Skye says. "And besides no one notices me in school and hardly anyone notices me outside of school, so I don't think I have to worry about much."

Jax was about to retort, but he ended up just sighing. "Fine, but like I said, don't blame me if someone tries to do something to you."

"I'll just use my slingshot then." Skye said.

"Your what?" The male muttered, confused.

Skye then pulled a small stick with a rubber band attached to it. "Do you have a piece of paper?" She asked.

"Uh, let me check..." He mumbled. He went into the kitchen and grabbed a napkin. "Does this work?"

"Yup!" She smirked, balling it up. She put the paper on the rubber band and slowly pulled it back. She was aiming for the wall but after a split second she shot it at Jax, hitting him in the forehead.

"Hey!" He says. "What the hell was that for?!"

"To show you my good aim~" She smirked with a small giggle.

"Good aim my ass." He grumbled.

"You're lucky it wasn't a rock." She says.

"Tch, brat."

~

Though they were having fun over at Jax's place, Skye completely forgot something was going on at her own.

One of the meetings with Dr. Morgan.

Now it was just him and Eliza sitting alone in the study.

Eliza was mentally yelling at Skye to hurry up her meeting with Jax and get her butt back home.

On the other side of the room, Dr. Morgan was mentally sighing to himself. Of course the one girl that wasn't absent was the brat he didn't like. Why couldn't it be Skye? Her and her perfect peepers...