Chapter 25

This was weird...

It was so pretty, there was bright green grass and beautiful flowers adorning the ground and few trees were planted, but just enough to make the land look so perfect.

Skye looked around, where was she?

"Skye?! Skye?!"

"Jax?!" She shouted his name, looking all over.

"Skye!" He says happily, running up to her.

The blonde felt like she was wanted to cry, she was here, with him. They were fine... But where was here?

The young woman hugged him. "Jax... where are we?" She asked. She tried to remember what happened. Then it hit her. They both got shot, they were both... "Jax?! Are we dead?!"

The male just laughed. "No, idiot. This is just your dream. You're alive and fine."

"What about you...? You were in worse pain than I was." Skye wanted to cry again. "I'm sorry... maybe if I was there in time you would've-"

The girl was cut off by a kiss. Skye was more than surprised.

He pulled away after a moment. "Don't worry about that. You know who I am, right? It takes a lot more than a few bullets to take me down. Hell, it took a lot more than a slash from my own scythe to take me down."

Skye smiled a little. "Yeah... you're right."

"Now, if you want to see my condition for yourself, I think it's about time you wake up."

~

"Ah!" Skye quickly sat up from her bed- well what she thought was her bed. She looked around and noticed she wasn't in the church anymore... in fact... she wasn't even in her own house... where was she?

"Eh?" She muttered confused. She heard a few beeping sounds and noticed a screen next to her. A heart rate monitor...? Which means...

She's in the hospital. She made it out and to the hospital again! And this time she can live happily with-

Jax...! She has to find him!

She snapped out of thought when she heard a door next to her hospital room open. She noticed a familiar girl. It was none other than her little sister.

"S-Skye?! You're up!" She says happily.

"Eliza...?!" Skye said. "You're okay! Thank goodness!"

"Of course I am, all it was was a shot to the arm, nothing bad." She said, showing her sister her bandaged up arm.

Skye sighed in relief. "Anyways, how long was I out?"

"A couple of months... you lost a lot of blood and apparently hit the ground really hard." Eliza says.

"Months?!" Skye shouted. "Wait... that means... please tell me mom and dad didn't-!"

"They didn't hurt me. After all, they were arrested and now we have a restraining order against them." Eliza explains, sitting down in a chair beside the bed.

"Arrested...?!" Skye said, even more surprised.

"Yeah, apparently aside from abuse they did some other shady things which caused them to stay in jail for a while. I ended up staying with the reverend for a few weeks and now I'm living with my friend until you fully recover."

"Oh...? Wait... arrested... was Jax...?" She didn't even want to finish her sentence.

"Nope. He wasn't." Eliza glanced around to see if anyone was in earshot and then leaned in to whisper something to her sister. "They never figured out he was the serial killer. The scythe was burned down, so they had no evidence and then doctor ended up having his finger prints on the gun, so he was claimed guilty for harming you and Jax."