| 12 |

[ REPUBLISHED ]

i rewrote the momo + her father call. i hope i improved my angst lol. - koko

▪▪▪

"Let's see .. Ah! A teddy bear!"

Momo exclaims, pulling out a little chocolate brown stuffed bear with a red bow tie on. Her eyes shimmer as she scans the toy in her hands, sitting still on the side of her bed.

She soon realizes there was a note attached to the red bowtie. She lifts her two fingers of her right hand to reveal the note.

'Happy Birthday to the Big Sis of Class 1-A!! We All Love You!! - mina ♡

p.s i heard class 1-b gave u extra cake. give me some please !!'

Momo smiles. "Ashido being Ashido I see." She said with a giggle. She then places the stuffed toy beside the rest of her gifts.

The pink bear sat beside a little treasure chest filled with necklaces, a snow globe, a mini encyclopedia, a pink music box, a black shirt with the words 'QUEEN' on them in white, a poster of the same constellation on the cover of Momo's binder, a stuffed pony, a set of headbands, a whole puzzle, a framed stolen photo of her reading with a smile on and finally, a set of ballpens with different colors on the pile of pillows on the very edge of her bed.

She smiled at the sight of her blessings resting on her bed. "Ahh, what a great birthday." She mumbled to herself, smiling lightly at the sight.

Momo has been spending twenty-five minutes unwrapping plenty of her gifts. So far she received twelve gifts in total.

She then turned to look at corner of her bed, only to find seven more gifts to unwrap. "Seven more to go." She smiled to herself.

She reached to the corner of the bed on her side and grabbed a little bag with a paper attached to it. Suddenly, a little envelope appeared below it. She pulled the bag away slowly before stopping to examine it.

It was clearly scented from the sparkling appearance and together with the small red stamp to close it, the envelope looked more of a wedding invitation. She tilts her head slightly, her eyes staring intently at the pastel pink color of the letter. And suddenly, something clicked inside her head, like a lightbulb from realization.

'Mother?!'

She quickly placed the bag down before shoving herself across the side of her bed to get the letter from her mother. She quickly lands her hands down the paper before opening it. Her eyes began to glisten with excitement.

She turned her head slowly to her veranda's enterance door, which was blocked by her bed's frame. After living in the dormitories for months, she found a way to enter her veranda without the bed's frame being a hassle to enter.

She climbed up her bed then crawled on her knees to get near the bed frame. She slides the veranda's door open then quickly jumped over the bed frame to enter the terrace.

As her lungs were slowly being filled by the cold air of the night, she knew she successfully exited her room. With a relieved sigh, she took one glance of the envelope in her hand then her room, her eyes locked on the gifts.

Eventually, she slid the door close and leaned against the railings. Her eyes reflected the clear night sky as the air flows into her nostrils then travels into her lungs.

The shivering feeling in her insides sent a somewhat pleasurable feeling in her. She smiled to herself before taking a breath.

After about three deep breathes, she pulled out the letter.