| 23 |

"So .. Uhm, hi."

'What kind of greeting is that?!' Momo mentally yelled at herself.

Todoroki remained quiet for a while.

The pair were currently in a rather awkward silence, just rain pouring in the background.

So, recap.

Momo decides to handle the situation headfirst, despite lacking preparation and knowing very well she may regret this. Why did she do it in the first place? Because if meeting him would have a possibility of having a good ending, it's going to be worth the risk .. or maybe not.

Todoroki, in the other hand, has set some motives and instructions for himself, mostly about respecting Momo's space.

".. Hi." Todoroki casually greeted.

Momo smiled to herself awkwardly, not batting an eye.

Momo briefly cleared her throat.

She actually had no topic or objective in mind.

Will this conversation go to shambles? Most likely.

It was quite embarrassing for Momo to return to him despite being the one to declare she needs space from him, and now she wants to talk to him.

Well, he doesn't know that. From his eyes, he just thinks she wanted to think or something.

. . .

Then, without even saying a single word, Momo left, quickly in a flash unexpectedly.

Todoroki didn't stop her.

He stood still, the sound of the door closing giving him an uncomfortable wave of feelings. It was unsettling, awfully unsettling.

He felt tense, and yet, he couldn't help but sigh in relief, the tension of her prescence felt awful.

Momo concluded she was definitely not mentally prepared to speak to him just yet.

Does she need time? Of course. She needed more. Those thoughts and multiple questions are still in her head with no answers nor ending to them all.

Despite that reasonable reasoning, she didn't want to let time pass and continue, when she could be by Todoroki's side right now.

It was silent til Todoroki let out a long sigh, mixed with disappointment and relief.

Somehow, the presence of someone, anyone in particular, can take some weight off his chest. Despite the tension Momo added to the atmosphere, Todoroki learned something out of it.

At that moment, Todoroki realized that solitude wasn't the best solution in a situation like this.

Momo leaned her back against the door after shutting it close.

She was panting, she look exhausted but mostly flustered and flushed. She was holding her breath the whole time, it must have hurt her, emotionally and physically.

She cursed under her breath as she clutched her head, that was probably the worst risk Momo ever conducted.

Midnight fell in a flash.

Nothing much happened between the two during dinner. There were quick eye contact moments that occurred, but nothing meant much from it.

Momo was busy assisting Kaminari and Kirishima with dishes after their second defeat to Izuku in their second Chess match.

Todoroki had his hands full helping his classmates wiping the tables and such.