| 16 |

It feels like it was just yesterday when Momo met Todoroki under the bus stop and had a journey together under the brutal rain.

Oh wait, it was just yesterday.

They managed to make it back to the campus despite the harsh weather attacking them with no mercy. When she arrived back, they were only able to reach the school building instead of the dorms due to the weather.

Momo panted heavily after having a literal marathon with Todoroki under the rain with an unsteady umbrella. In the end, Momo laughed it off, which somehow made Todoroki relieved.

They stood inside the building in silence. The frigid air was slowly entering the area and clinging to their skin. The blue towel Todoroki used to dry off was now hanging on Momo's neck. He must have gave it to her.

Momo observed the brutal rain beyond the glass panes before her. Her dusky orbs trace back to the building, hoping to see someone else's prescence.

No one. The teachers could still be working and collecting their files and what not, but Momo overheard they were out to get some drinks, September apparently for is a lucky month for the teachers. The students could be sheltering from the rain in the dorms right now, so obviously the chances of the upbringing of a student is slim.

Momo sighed softly as she glanced towards Todoroki. "What do we do now?" She asked, turning her head back to the view of the dull weather. Todoroki softly sighed. He glanced back at her, "We should just wait for the rain to end by the staircase." He stated.

Momo was slightly, just slightly, caught off guard by this. She then simply agreed.

The walk to the staircase was a mixture of small conversations and the sound of rain. She was able to feel a lot comfortable around him, and he seemed too. It was overall a very comfy experience at the staircase. Just talking about things they wished they spoke about before the period of distance began. The rain continued to brutally fall, but that didn't destroy their moment at all.

...

"That's pretty strange."

"Hah, I know. Maru wouldn't have want that." Momo replied to his comment regarding her topic involving the next chapter of her novel.

"I'm surprised you still remember all of the characters honestly, I'm flattered." She chuckled, resting her chin on her palms.

The two were sitting by the staircase, side by side, as the rain poured down. It has been about 30 minutes ever since their arrival in the building, and no one's prescence has been brought up to help them get back to the dorms. No one at all.

Todoroki glanced at her briefly before doing the same position. "It was a good book after all. But I never got to continue it after .."

Momo glanced at him at his sudden silence. "After what?"

Todoroki softly hummed. "After that sudden silence that kind of happened."

Momo was able to control herself from getting off guard this time. This guy's words can really make her nervous due to his boldness. It scares her sometimes. Actually, maybe all the time.

Luckily, she was able to handle the situation calmly. Instead of an awkward silence taking place, she chuckles and lets the conversation flow.

"Yeah. I apologize I wasn't able to talk to you properly for the past weeks." Momo said, her head slightly falling together with her little smile due to her guilt. Despite the calm aura she's displaying, she's secretly hiding a very tense Momo.

Oddly, she's been always getting nervous around him just because of his bold phrases.

Todoroki sighed, "I'm sorry too. I keep noticing you keep getting freaked out by the things I say." He said, looking away from her.