| 18 |

Momo's body shot up slightly, kind of like a little bounce. Her skin color changed directly into a dark shade of red as her lips began to make odd noises, specifically little stutters, that were oddly cute.

Her eyes shot to different directions, anywhere to avoid Todoroki's eyes. Her brain stopped functioning, and the only thing present in her mind was the texts from her best friend and the person who made her heart flutter, the stranger.

After quite a long period of time of stuttering in a rather strange manner, she cleared her throat, kept her eyes locked on the candle light, focused on the sound of rain falling, and spoke softly.

"Uhm, wh-where is this coming from?" Momo asked, her voice trailing into an inaudible form, a smile still on her lips to assure him she still thinks he's a great guy, it was really wobbly though.

Todoroki's eyes were locked on the candle too, thus causing his facial features to hide. He averted his gaze eventually as soon as she brought up the question, "I'm kind of .. curious .. and sort of in a situation similar to it." He said, letting out a soft cough in the end.

Momo's eyes widen. It's quite surprising to heart that from Todoroki Shouto. She pushed her lips together, the shade of red now forming on her cheeks only. She averted her eyes' attention the empty plate before her. "Well .." Her voice trailed off.

Silence occupied the area for a long period of time.

"I .. Uhm, I do kind of like someone." Her lips formed a little genuine smile, embarrassment clear in her facial features.

She doesn't notice his eyes widen.

He pushes the tip of glass against his lips, holding the top with his fingers. "I see." He mumbled, taking a long chug from his drink.

Momo's heart fluttered at the thought of the stranger's texts. Her body blossomed with different feelings inside, they felt warm and lovely, that's for sure.

She eventually connected back to reality and noticed the awkward silence. After adapting to situations like these, she was able to collect herself easily and get up from her seat.

"I should wash the dishes." Momo said, collecting all the plates and utensils from the table. "You can rest now if you want to, Todoroki." She said, meeting his eyes finally, forcing a little smile to form on her lips.

It was scary to see his eyes at that moment. If you can tell, Momo has a sudden ability to understand Todoroki's feelings, just by looking at his eyes. Somehow, this one truly nearly made her yelp from surprise.

Why would his eyes be filled with disappointment and sadness at that moment?

Yeah, I know right, Momo's dense as usual.

She gulped and walked over to the sink.

"No."

Momo stopped her tracks after hearing his voice suddenly speak. She smiled awkwardly and turned around to see Todoroki's back by the table. His facial feautures were hidden due to this.

"Wh-What?" She questioned, tilting her head, that nervous smile still on her lips.

He stood up. "I won't leave yet." He then took the candle from the table and walked over to her.

Her lips wobbled, as always. "Wait, w-why though?" She began to giggle awkwardly.

He stands by her, the only source of light was the candle light between them.

"It's like back at the bus stop, leaving you seemed wrong." His eyes were glued to the candle in his hand as he talked.

Momo's lips fell into a rather confused kind of form. A tint of pink formed on her cheeks.