Prologue

Airam's POV

     Airam's a human being! She doesn't deserve to live like a damn lab rat!

     You gave Project S a name?! That thing is not human! It's stronger, faster, smarter! It's to be a perfect being! A perfect weapon!

     She is not a thing! And she's certainly more human than you will ever be!

     "Airam. Wake up. You need to wake up, dear." My eyes flash open when something shakes me and a voice speaks to me. My eyes close quickly from the bright lights. I shiver as my body is hit with cool air. I look around the room with confusion and no memory of how or why I'm here. I jerk when a woman with short brown hair pushes my wet hair away from my face.

     "It's okay Airam. I've got you. We don't have much time." She helps me into a white coat, buttoning it to cover my naked form. She pulls me to my feet and catches me when I stumble. "We've got to hurry."

     She keeps her arms around me and quickly leads us out of the bright room. I lean against her as we quickly move so I don't fall.

     I open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out. I stumble up the stairs, her grip on me being the only thing keeping me from falling. "Almost there dear. Just a little farther."

     We make it to a garage and she leads us to a black car. She puts me in the passenger's seat and buckles me in before getting in the driver's seat. She starts the car and drives us out of the garage.

            ---------------------------

     I look at the woman, getting the feeling that she means alot to me but I can't place how. She glances at me and grabs my hand. "I know you're confused, my dear Airam. Do you remember anything?"

     I look down at our hands, her hand shaking. I close my eyes, trying to remember anything. I shake my head when everything is blank. I open my eyes at look at her when she squeezes my hand.

     She smiles at me, keeping her eyes on the road. "It's alright dear. Your name is Airam. And some bad people did some bad things to you. But that doesn't make YOU a bad person. You're a good person, Airam. A very good person. The bad people are with Umbrella and Umbrella is very bad. I'm not going to lie. I was with Umbrella. I had plans to quit for a long time. I only stayed for you, Airam. I stayed so I could do what I'm doing now. Getting you away from them."

     I look out the window, watching the rainy night. 'Bad people? What did they do to me? Why can't I remember anything?'

     I look back at her when she squeezes my hand again. "It's alright dear. We're going to meet up with a dear friend of mine. She works with Umbrella but she's going to help us. Help you." She hands me a picture of her and a woman with blonde hair. The woman smiles at me. "You're gonna be safe."

     I somehow find myself smiling back at her. 'I can't remember exactly who you are. But I can feel that you mean alot to me and that I'm safe with you.'

     Crash!

     Everything blacks out for a few seconds. I cover my ears as they ring. I look around to see we crashed into something. I smell smoke, feel broken glass, feel the sting of cuts. I look beside me at the woman, slumped over with alot of blood on her.

     I start shaking her quickly, tears filling my eyes as fear courses through me. Wake up. Wake up!

     She slowly raises her head up. Her eyes open slowly and she looks at me. She grabs my hand, putting something in it and closing my fingers around it. "Don't let anyone take this... Run... Get away from here... Find Annette..." She puts her hand on my cheek and smiles. "I may not be... your mother... but you... were the daughter... I always... dreamed of... I love you... Airam..." Her eyes close, head rolling to the side and hand falling from my cheek.

     I shake her again, tears streaming down my cheeks. No! Please no! Don't leave me alone! I let out a silent cry, throwing my arms around her. I unbuckle myself and crawl out of the car as more smoke appears. I back away from the car as fire starts to engulf the car.

     I wrap my arms around myself, watching the fire. I look down at the object in my hand. The silver pocket watch with an old gold chain as well as the picture. I close my fingers around them tightly. I begin to walk away from the fire and into the rainy night. 'I need to get away.'