Chapter 1

Here's a little drawing I did of Airam not too long ago.

       -----------------------------

                    Airam's POV

     'This rain never ends... I don't even know where this Annette is or where to even begin looking for her.'

     My thoughts get interrupted by groaning from behind me. I quickly look and my eyes widen at the sight. I stumble backwards, watching as a man walks towards me, lower jaw torn off and barely hanging.

     I watch in fear as two more appear, looking the same if not worse. I don't hesitate to take off running. I clutch the watch and picture tightly in my hand. I dodge some of the grabby hands as I run towards a large building. I bump into someone, falling to the ground.

     I look up and my eyes widen as a gun is pointed at me. I shake my head, scooting back. I try to tell him I'm not one of them, but once again, my voice fails me. I look over my shoulder as some zombies get closer. I'm startled as my arm is grabbed and I'm pulled to my feet.

     He pushes me behind him, glancing over his shoulder at me. "Stay behind me!" He aims his gun, shooting the closest one. I look to see the gate. I push open the doors and grab the man's jacket, pulling him towards me.

     He gets the point and quickly shuts the gates behind us. He looks at me and smiles. "Thanks. Now let's get inside." He opens the door, checking the inside before holding his hand out towards me. "Come on. It's safe. Let's get out of this rain."

     I take his hand, trusting this stranger. He pulls me inside, shutting the door behind me. I wrap my arms around myself as I slowly look around. 'So much better than the rain and zombies outside.'

                      Leon's POV

     I secure the doors and back away. I look at the woman, taking in her appearance. She appears to be the same age as me. Her bare feet covered with blood and dirt. A dirty white lab coat stopping midthigh, with a couple of buttons undone at the top, causing it to hang off one shoulder, clings to her body, soaked from the rain. Her arms are wrapped securely around her body. Long white hair cascading down to her waist. She has porcelain skin that's glistening from the rain. Her eyes are what really get to me. They look as if someone took freshly cut emeralds and gave them to her for eyes.

     'She's absolutely beautiful...' I think to myself before shaking my head. 'I need to focus.' I take a step towards her which startles her. I step back, hating how she's looking at me with fear. "It's okay. I'm not gonna hurt you. I'm Leon Kennedy. What's your name?"

     She opens her mouth and tries to speak but nothing comes out. She looks away, frustrated, with herself.

     Realization hits me. "You can't talk, can you?"