Chapter 12

Airam's POV

     We watch as the solution is sprayed over the plants, making them wither and die. We hear the thud of the body drop, the plant holding it up dying.

     Leon looks at me. "That did the trick."

     I nod and follow him out the door as the automatic voice speaks.

     Warning: You have dispersed a dangerous solution without authorization. Your actions have been logged and you may be subjected to disciplinary measures.

     Leon orders me to stay behind him as a couple of the plant monsters appear. Leon uses his flamethrower on them, making them scream and roll around on the ground.

     We quickly move past them and to the body. I lean down and pick up the purple chip. I put it in the bracelet and show Leon, who smiles and nods.

     Fear takes hold of me when I hear familiar thundering footsteps. I look at the glass and scream as the tyrant walks to the glass. Leon grabs my hand, pulling me to him as the tyrant bursts through the glass and land where I just was.

     Leon throws a flash grenade at his feet, blinding him for a moment. That moment was all we needed to run towards the door. We quickly run past more plant monsters. We don't stop running until we make it to the bridge.

     We stop for a few seconds, catching our breath. We listen for the footsteps, only to hear none.

     "Guess we lost him. Come on. Let's keep moving."

     I nod and follow him as we make our way to the West Area. "Hopefully the G sample's up here."

               ***Time Skip***

     I walk up to the tanks once we enter the lab. One of them has a big mass with two eyes, the other has a mutated arm, and the final one has something I don't know. I walk in the room on the right, while Leon reads something. I look around, collecting any useful items.

     I walk back to Leon and follow him to the left side of the lab. He picks of a vial of purple liquid. "Huh. That was easy..."

     He puts the vial away safely before turning to me. "Come on. Let's get out of here and get it to the FBI."

     I nod and follow him. I jump a little when the automatic voice speaks and an alarm starts going off.

     Attention: Unauthorized removal of a Level 4 virus detected. Facility lockdown initiated. Self-destruct sequence will begin when lockdown is complete.

     I look at Leon, worried about the self-destruct. "Leon..."

     He grabs my hand and squeezes it. "Don't worry. We're gonna be out of here before that happens. Come on!"

     We quickly leave the lab, running across the platform. Right before we get to the door, something busts out of the ceiling. Leon pushes me behind him as the monster lands.

     My eyes widen in fear when I see it's the same monster from before, but more mutated. "Oh no..."

     Leon puts his gun at him. "You again. Airam stay back!"

     I back away, keeping my eyes on the monster. I quickly spin around when the door behind me opens, revealing a hurt Annette.

     "Annette!"

     She quickly limps past me, moving in front of Leon. "Move. He's mine." She aims a gun at the monster. "This has to end." She fires and a round of something hits it, exploding with a liquid.