Chapter 4

Quick A/N: I'm dedicating this chapter to shiro_yuki05 for all of the wonderful comments she has left on this story so far. Thank you so much, hun! It truly means the world to me!

And here's a little drawing I did of Leon and Airam.

Now on with the chapter!

                   ----------------------

                    Airam's POV

     We leave the woman's restroom and begin to head down the hall. My eyes widen when I see a creature on the ceiling not too far from us. I grab Leon's arm and point up.

     Leon sees it and slowly pushes me behind him. "Wait here." He whispers to me over his shoulder. He pulls out his shotgun and takes a few quiet steps towards it.

     I flinch when it grabs a body off the floor and pulling it up so it can eat it. 'That's gotta be what that person wrote about. A Licker.'

     Leon takes a shot at it, knocking it off the ceiling. It let's out a loud shriek as it rolls back onto it's feet. He takes another shot, sending it back.

     He dodges a swipe from the creature and takes another shot. It rolls around on its back, letting out shrieking noises before falling limp.

     Leon looks back at me. "Alright. Come on." I follow him into the STARS office. I see a gun on a rack behind some gated door. I try to open it but fail. I look over my shoulder when Leon walks over.

     "Let me see." He looks at the door before walking to the desk. He gets on the computer to try and unlock the door. I move to stand beside him, watching the screen. It shows that we can't unlock it. "Damn it. We need a USB drive to unlock it."

     I walk into the little office. I find a battery on the desk. I pick it up and pull the detonator out of my pocket. I put the battery in the back and watch as numbers light up in the front. I take it to Leon and hold it out to him. It's ready.

     Leon takes it from me, giving me a smile. "Awesome. Now we can get that last medallion and get the hell outta here."

     I nod, smiling back. We leave the STARS office and head down the hall. Leon unlocks the door and opens it, revealing the room with the unicorn statue. Leon pulls out his handgun and walks to the other door. "Alright. Now we can just cut through the library. Let's go."

     Leon grabs my hand as we run up the stairs and towards the door on the back wall. We enter the large room and head towards the back. Leon places the detonator on the C4 and presses the buttom. It starts to beep as the numbers go down.