Chapter 5

Airam's POV

     Leon gives me his hand to help me out of the manhole. I nod in thanks and follow him towards the exit. I watch as Leon looks at the door controls.

     "Damn. Need a key card..."
I hear something move behind us. I look over my shoulder and freeze. I take a slow step towards Leon.

     The dog starts growling as it comes out of the shadows. Leon turns around, hearing the growl. "You gotta be kidding me..."

     Leon pushes me aside as the dog jumps and lands on him. He holds it back as it snaps it jaws at him. "Airam! Shoot it!"

     I see Leon's gun out of his reach. A gunshot goes off before I can pick up the gun Leon shoves the dog off of him and looks to his left, at a silhouette of a woman.

     "Stay sharp!" She calls out.

     I jump back as the dog gets up, but Leon quickly puts it down. The woman walks towards us.

     Leon stands up and moves in front of me, pointing his gun at the woman. She aims her own gun at Leon. "Lower it." She pulls out a badge. "FBI."

     Leon lowers his gun. "Sorry. Thank you..."

     She shoots the dog when it starts to get up, finally ending it.

     Leon looks at it, before looking back at the woman. "For your help."

     She hums. "Surprised you made it this far." She begins to walk away from us.

     A shiver goes down my spine when I feel her eyes watching me before she completely turns away from us. 'I have a bad feeling about her...'

     "FBI, huh? What's going on here?" Leon asks, watching the woman as he stands by me.

     She continues to walk. "Sorry. That information's classified."

     "Where are you going?" He takes a step towards her.

     She halts and spins on her heel to face us. She seems to look at me before looking at Leon. "Do yourself a favor: stop asking questions and get the hell out of here." She goes back to walking away.

     I look at Leon to see him look back at our blocked path. He looks back towards the woman. "Hey! I'm not done talking to you!" He glances at me, holding out his hand. "Come on Airam."

     As much as I don't want to be near that woman, I take his hand and he leads the way.

     He pushes through the door and we enter what looks like a prison. I enter the small room, picking up the small box of ammo and then a map. I hand them to Leon when he enters. He nods, putting them away before leading us farther in.

     I grab onto the back of Leon's vest as we move through a hallway with closed cells on each side. I keep looking at the zombies that are thankfully trapped inside them.

     As we get to the end, we hear a male voice call out. "Hello?"

     Leon quickly moves towards the voice and I follow, but slowly. I decide to stay back a little when I smell smoke. I see a man sitting in the cell. "Hey."

     He stands up. "I don't believe it. A real human." He leans his hand on the bar with a smile on his face. "Hello, human."

     "You been here long?" Leon asks.

     "Long enough. Are we the last ones alive?" He motions between them, not seeing me.

     "No, no there's a few of us..."