Chapter 3

Leon's POV

     We make it to the library. I look over the ledge, watching a zombie walking around, two laying on the floor, another leaning against a desk. I hear Marvin on the radio on my shoulder.

     "Leon, it's Marvin. I need you back here ASAP."

     I grab the radio. "Are you OK, Marvin?"

     "I've got something to show you. It's important."

     "Copy that. We'll be right there." I look at Airam, who's leaning over the edge, looking down. "Airam. Marvin needs us."

     She looks at me and nods. She follows me as I lead us to the other door on the top level. The wood underneath me breaks and I fall through.

     I groan, getting back on my feet. The noise from my fall causes the zombies to have their full attention on me. "Great..."

     Before I can aim my gun, the zombies start getting hit by books. I look up to see Airam throwing books, throwing them hard enough for the zombies to nearly fall over.

     "And people said words could never hurt anybody."

     I take advantage of the distraction and move. I run to the other side of the library. I shoot the zombie on the stairs before opening the door at the bottom of the stairs. "Airam!"

     She throws one last book before running to me. I open the door and close it behind us. I nod to Airam. "Thanks."

     She smiles before walking over to a bulletin board. I look at the unicorn statue and walk over to it.

     I look at the symbols and pull out the little notebook. I flip to the page and look at the symbols. I match the symbols to that of the ones in the notebook.

     Something turns than a spot opens, revealing a medallion with a unicorn on it. "So we got one of them now."

     I turn to Airam, who holds out a map with a smile on her face. I can't help but smile when I see her's. "You're really good finding maps."

     Her cheeks turn pink a little and she turns away.

     'She's so cute when she blushes.' I clear my throat, looking at the map. "O-Okay. Let's see. Okay, so that other door will lead to upper main hall. I saw it needed that key we picked up." I pull the key out of my pocket and hand it to her. "We run for the door and you unlock it. I'll keep the zombies off of us."

     She takes the key with a nod. Got it.

     I grab the doorknob and look at her. I swing the door open, shooting the zombie close to us. Airam sprints to the door, unlocking it and swinging the door open. I follow quickly, shutting the door behind me.

     Airam holds the key out to me but I shake my head. "You hold onto it."

     She nods, putting it in a jacket pocket. I walk towards the stairs but stop when I see Airam jog the other way. "Airam?"

     She picks something up and jogs back over. She hands me the box of ammo. I chuckle slightly and nod. "Thanks."

     We make it down the stairs and towards Marvin. He looks up from the laptop. "There you are. Come here, take a look." He expands one of the screens.

     Standing on the other side of the fence, is Claire. "Yes! I knew she'd make it."

     "You know her?" Marvin asks.