Epilogue

Ah! The long awaited final chapter! I'm so sorry it took me as long as it did.

I also wanted to include art in this chapter so that added a little bit of time to the wait. Sorry about that.

I wanna say a big thankful for all the comments and votes! I'm so happy to know that people enjoyed my story and everything.

But here it is! The final chapter!!

*****************

Airam's POV

I stand by Leon, leaning against him as we watch Claire and Sherry talk. Leon keeps his arm wrapped around me. "How does it feel to be out?"

I smile up at him. "It's great. I've never seen anything like it. Makes me not want to go back." My smile fades at the thought of going back to a lab.

He squeezes my side gently. "You won't ever be going back. You're free now."

I look at him worriedly. "What if they find me? What if they try to take me back?"

He turns me to face him and grabs both of my hands. "They won't. And even if they did find you, I won't let them take you. I won't let anyone take you away. As long as I'm around, nothing is going to hurt you. I promise."

I close my eyes and smile when he kisses my forehead, heart swelling at the action. I look back up at him, squeezing his hands. "I know, Leon."

A giggle gets our attention and we see Claire and Sherry watching us with smiles. They walk over to us, Claire puts her hands on her hips. "Alright. Ready to continue the journey, love birds?"

I giggle while Leon sighs, and I catch a glimpse of his warm smile out of the corner of my eye. "Yep. Let's go. A town shouldn't be too much farther."

"Hopefully." Claire adds before we continue to walk down the road. After some time, Claire starts to carry Sherry on her back, when the little girl gets tired. Not long after that, we spot a car getting closer in the distance.

"Hey! Maybe they can give us a ride." Sherry speaks up. Leon, Claire and I share a glance before Claire sets her down. I lead her into the grass while Leon and Claire stay on the road.

"Hopefully this one will be nicer." I hear Claire say to Leon.

"Hopefully."

A dark red jeep pulls over near us before a large man steps out. He has dark hair brushed back messily and a slight beard. He looks over at us, eyes widening when they land on me. He stares at me with bright brown eyes for a few moments, moving towards us.

Leon notices his stare, and stands protectively in front of us with Claire as I move Sherry behind me. The man stops when he sees Leon in front of me, eyes narrowing on his uniform. "You one of Irons' puppets?"

"No. I'm not."

He sighs in relief. "Good. I'd kill you otherwise." He takes another step towards us.

"Identity yourself!" Leon puts his hand over his gun, ready to grab if necessary.

The man stops, eyes passing over Leon and Claire and landing on me. "Airam, you alright?"

Leon raises his voice, not appreciating being ignored. "How do you know her?! And I said identity yourself!"

"Hey! We're talking to you. Don't look at them." Claire says, annoyed.

"I'm not an enemy so calm down you two." He sighs in annoyance.