Chapter 10

Leon's POV

     I smile down at Airam, holding her hand in mine. I hand her a white rose which makes her smile. She smells the flower, smiling bigger. I take it from her and tuck it behind her ear.

     She gets on her toes and gives me a kiss which I happily return. She quickly pulls away, confusing me. She smiles before running, barefoot through the grass. I laugh before chasing after her.

     She runs to the tree up on the hill, disappearing behind it. I chuckle and shake my head, running up to meet her. I smile, sneaking up before rounding the tree. "Got yo-..." I look around when she's not there.

     "Airam?" I circle around the tree, even looking up into the leaves. "Airam? Where'd you go?"

     Panic sets in as I look for her. I climb the tree to try and see her. "Airam?! Where are you?!"

     "Airam." Her name is the first thing I say when I wake up. I close my eyes, wishing that it wasn't just a dream. "I've only known her for a few hours and I'm already in love with her."

     'I'm gonna find her. And when we're out of this hell hole, I'll tell her. Come on, Kennedy. You got this.' I open my eyes, determined.

     I look around before looking at my left shoulder. I see that it's bandaged and Ada's coat is laid over me. "Ada..."

     I get up off the ground, groaning a little because of my shoulder but I shake it off. "I've got to find Airam and Ada. Hopefully Ada already found her. That would make things alot easier."

     I find a lift and use it, making sure my guns are loaded. I follow down a path. I look over the ledge, at the sewer water. "Great. Back into the water." I jump down, landing in the water with a splash.

     "That's a pleasant smell." I grimace at the smell and feel of the water. I continue on, focused on finding the girls.

             ***Short Time Skip***

     I jump down once before jumping down again. I look around the large room. I hear a roar, loud yet muffed. I walk over to the large window. "I don't like the sound of that..."

     I look around at the waste disposal. Something red catches my eye. I look at it, eyes widening at the sight of Ada laying there.

     "Ada!" I quickly search the room, heart sinking when I don't see Airam. I hear the roar again, sounding like it's on the other side of that door.

     I look back at Ada's resting form. "I'm coming Ada." I run over to the other side and see a weird door. "Huh? How am I suppose to open this?" I look around, reading a note about how to unlock the door. "Alright."

     I walk over to the TV beside the large box. I put in the tape I found and let it play. "The virus... I'll bet those rats spread it." I walk over to the other door, pulling the map off of the wall. I look over it before putting it away. I walk out of the room and see a lever. I see that it's lowers a pathway.

     I pull the lever and watch as a pathway comes down. I see a safe to my right as well as a laying zombie. I decide to head left, towards the cable car to see if I can find anything. I head to the table, picking up the handle.

     My eyes are drawn to a pack of gum on a sheet of paper. I recognize it as the pack I had in my jacket pocket. I quickly pick up the note and read it.