Chapter 6

Airam's POV

     I open my eyes and look around. I feel I'm underwater yet I can breathe. Panic sets in when I can't move. I frantically look around and see Kathryn quickly making her way to me. She presses her hand against the glass.

     "It's alright Airam. Just calm down, okay? I'm here."

     I somehow find the strength to move my hand. I match my hand to her's, causing her to smile. "Yes. I'm here. Want me to sing for you again?"

     I tap against the glass, longing to hear her sweet voice sing for me.

     She smiles and nods. "Only for you, my dear Airam... Hey Jude, don't make it bad. Take a sad song and make it better. Remember to let her into your heart. Then you can start to make it better."

     Everything fades to black while she sings, a feeling of peace going through me.

     I wince as the needles sting when they put them in my arms. I watch as purple fluid goes down the hose and into my right arm while green fluid goes into my left. I whimper as my arms feel like they're burning on the inside. "It hurts... It really hurts."

     The two men with clipboards don't say anything, just write things down. Another man walks in and over. I cry out as the burning gets worse. "It hurts!!"

     "The pain will pass. You're the strongest, the pain will pass." Is all I hear before everything fades away.

     My eyes flash open and I quickly look around. I see Leon pacing in front of me. My eyes widen when I see the man's crushed face.

     Images of a tyrant killing two men come into my mind. The images throw me into a panic. I shake my head, tears streaming down my cheeks as fear rushes over me. No no no no no no!

     "Airam! Calm down! Calm down." I hear Leon's strong voice and feel his hands on my cheeks.

     "Look at me. Airam, I need you to look at me, sweetheart. Please look at me."

     I open my eyes and meet his calm ocean eyes. He smiles. "Good. Airam, I need you to breathe. Copy mine, okay? In.... Out.... In...."

     I take deep breaths, slowly matching his. He smiles and wipes away my tears. "That's my girl."

     I can't help but smile and blush a litte at his words. He blushes when he realizes what he said. He chuckles nervously and stands up. He holds out his hand which I gladly take.

     I look behind him at the body in the cell. Leon puts his hands on my cheeks and turns me to look at him. "That's not gonna happen to you. Whatever did that to him, WILL NOT do that to you. I won't let that thing get you. Okay? I promise."

     I nod, smiling at his reassuring words. I throw my arms around him and he instantly wraps his around me. I pull away after a little bit a smile. Thank you.

     He smiles. "Sure thing. Now, we gotta find some spare parts to open up that cell. Once we do that, we're outta here."

     I nod and follow him as we leave the jail in search of the missing parts.

              ***Time Skip***

     I pull Leon's jacket closer when we exit onto the roof of the police station. I cover my nose, hating the smell of the smoke. I follow Leon over to the ladder and he goes first. He's halfway down when it breaks and he falls with a groan.