Rex

[Demi's POV]
I woke up in the hospital with a big pain on my back and left side. I looked at the nurse in my room and she gave me a sympathetic smile and left to call the doctor. Ten seconds later an old man walked over to me and smiled warmly before he spoke. "Hello miss Lovato,I am Dr. Alexander but you can call me Alex. So how are you feeling." He said "Other then the pain in my back and side I am okay and please call me Demi." "Well then Demi do you know what happened to you and the little girl?" "Yes I do. Is she alright? Can I see her? Wha-" All the questions that have been racing though my mind came out all at once. "Whoa whoa whoa calm down. She is alive but is sleeping. You can see her when I am done here, okay?" I nodded and answered the questions he asked. About ten minutes later we were done and he walked me to the room that she was in. "Now before I unlock the door I have to warn you that there is a very protective dog in there and he broke the door to the room we were keeping him in. He also bit the parametric that tried to take her into the ambulance, so enter with caution and where this." He said while giving me a protection suit. All I could think was why he has to warn me about the dog that placed a teddy bear on the girl and protected her from the man that was beating the life out of me and her. I slipped it over my cloths that I changed into then the doctor unlocked the door. I walked in cautiously, then as I approached the bed and a dog jumped in front of the girl growling and barking then stopped and gave me a little lick on my cheek. He went back to bed and hoped back on and layed next to her and licked her face. I walked up to them and touched her arm and noticed that it was full of cuts and bruises. My eyes started to water and a tear fell but the dog licked it away. I reached up to pet the dog and found a leather collar with a handle on the back that said 'Rex' "Rex" I called and he looked up wagging his tail while tilting his head. I smiled and it looked like he was smiling back. I sat there for awhile then I saw a tear run down her cheek and then I heard a small whimper like she was trying not to be heard. I touched her face and then she let out a cry. She started to thrash around violently and the dog started to whine as I started to shake her awake but it wasn't working. As soon as I stopped to call the doctor the dog nipped her finger tips and she shot up and started crying. "Shh, shhh, shhhh. Its okay, your okay." I said trying to soothe her and so was Rex. He started to lick her tears away and kept pawing at her. "Mamá" she cried as she jumped into my arms and I just rocked her back and forth while she was shaking in my arms.

[Rachel's POV]
I woke up crying because of my dream. I jumped into mommies arms and she was trying to soothe me by making the 'shh' sound and stroking my hair but her voice sounded different. I didn't want to let go but she did and when I looked at her face it wasn't mommy but it was the lady from my 'nightmare then I realized it was true. Mommy had fallen asleep and was going to wake in heaven. I started to cry again but I remembered what mommy said when we first hot him.
FLASH BACK*
"If you ever get sad or scared give Rex the command to comfort you by tapping your shoulders and he will give you a big hug." Mommy said. I did as she said and Rex put his huge paws on my shoulders and his big head rested on my head.
FLASH BACK OVER*
I did as she said and Rex jumped up and he put is front legs on my shoulders and his big head rested on my head to give me a 'hug'. The lady watched us then she got up and pushed a button then the door opened and an old man poked his head in and it scared me. Rex started to growl at him but the lady spoke "Hello sweetheart, my name is Demi and I was wondering if you could make Rex stop growling at the man." I shook my head. "Please I promise he will not hurt you." She said soft and gental as if she was afraid of hurting me. "Please?" she asked again and I nodded and ran my index finger from Rex's nose to the middle of his ears and then taped his butt once. Rex obeyed. He stopped growling and sat next to me. "Thank you" she said with a smile but I didn't smile back I just nodded back. As the doctor came in I started to get scared and Demi and Rex saw and they started to comfort me. "Hello little miss Rachel, I am doctor Alexander but you can call me Alex." He said cheerfully but at the mention of daddies name made me so scared that I started to get off the bed and back up into the wall Rex and Demi rushed to my side and tried to calm me down but everything went mute and frozen except for the man. Them all of a sudden I couldn't breath and I was gasping for air then Demi went in front of me and hugged me whispering something into my ear them I listened. "Baby you need to breath okay, just breath. Listen to the sound of my breathing, just breath." She said as she pulled me into a tight hug that I never wanted to break so I hugged her back and cried into her shoulder and neck. Rex started to lick my feet as Demi picked me up and sat on the bed with me on her lap. "I will give you some time alone then I will ask the questions, okay." Demi nodded but didn't break the hug. I sat on her lap just crying into the crease between her neck and shoulder while she stroked my hair saying that everything's going to be okay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks again for reading even thought there is not a lot of people reading cause I just started. Have a terrific day or night.