Mall Chaos

[RACHEL'S POV]

I kicked my feet and wiggled in my seat as I stared out the window. It was still very sunny but because of the glasses, it didn't really hurt much. Music and dog panting filled my ears as we drove to the mall. I've never been to one but Demi said it's where you buy clothes. She said I needed more even though I had enough. It's very confusing here.

"Just a few more minutes Rach." Demi spoke.

I nodded at her.

"I just want to warn you, there might be a bunch of yelling and flashing light but don't worry, I'll be there so no one can hurt you." She stated.

"But why are they gonna be there?" I questioned.

"Because I make music and they want to talk about it." She replied.

"Ok, but you promise they won't hurt me." I asked wearily.

"I promise." The brunette assured.

Satisfied, I returned my gaze out the window. My mind started to move, thinking about all kinds of things. Wondering and questioning, imagining and animating. It was amazing. I looked at the clouds, making shapes and pictures them making them move. I giggled as I pictured a duck flying in a circle. The duck kept flying until something else caught my eye. It was a bee that was holding onto the window. It was cute but it looked sad. I smiled at it, hoping to make it happy again but it still looked sad. The car stopped and the bee was still hanging on. A few seconds later, a butterfly few and sat down next to the bee. It was orange with little white spots. It looked a lot happier than the bee. I placed my fingers on the glass, gently tracing the outline of both insects. I giggled as the butterfly fluttered it wings before flying off. The bee followed suit once the car started to move again. Demi drove into a place where all the cars 

“Ok Rach, we’re here.“ She called out.

I waited for her to get me out of the car, greeting her with a small smile. She smiled back to me as she lifted me out of the weird seat. Unlike she said in the car, the parking lot had no people, just cars. Rex got out as Demi grabbed my bag. 

“Ok, you ready?“

I nodded, laying my head on her shoulder. She closed the door and walked into the very large building, Rex following closely behind us. Once we entered the doors of the building, it got very loud. Not understanding why, I sat up straight and covered my ears.

“So loud.“ I whimpered to Demi.

“Shh shh shh, it’s ok, you’re ok, it just get a little loud in the mall.“ She told me.

I nodded, relaxing as she started to rub up and down my back. 

“Ok, so, how about we start with Carter’s.“ She mumbled.

I just hummed, watching as Rex followed behind us while we walked. We pasted a bunch of people, some staring at us. I leaned a little closer to Demi as they whispered and pointed. Her nails dragged down my back gently. My left hand went up to play with my ear to help calm my heart that seemed to pound in my chest. 

We turned into a big room, filled with clothes and people. My eyes widened. I have never seen this many clothes in one place.

“Let’s look around, stop me if you see something you like.“ Demi spoke.

I nodded, not really understanding what she meant by liked.

‘I though you get what you get, not what you like.‘

She wandered the store, me in her arms and Rex tailing closely. Suddenly, she stopped. The brown haired woman reached out and grabbed a stripped shirt that had a light blue skirt.