Eddie

[EDDIE'S POV]

I watched as Demi rocked Rachel. I smiled when I realized that she was all grown up and I couldn't help the tears that filled my eyes. My baby now had a baby of her own and it made a grandpa. I was so excited and nervous that my leg started to jump. I was so deep into my thoughts that I didn't even hear Dianna call my name.

"Eddie!" She said in a louder tone making me jump.

"Yeah." I replied while looking at her.

"Are you okay? You were out of it for a while." She said.

"I'm okay, just thinking." I assured while looking at my granddaughter.

She looked up at me for a split second but once we met eyes, she quickly looked down at the monster dog that laid completely tame at her feet. I wanted to get to know her like Dianna got to know her, I just didn't know how.

"D, can I talk to you for a second?" I asked my wife making her nod and excuse us quietly.

We walked out by our cars and I started the conversation.

"How did you get her to talk to you?" I asked urgently.

"I don't know, I just held her and talked to her." She replied and grabbed my hand to calm me down.

"But she wont talk to me." I stated.

"Well that's because where she grew up, the father in her life hurt her. You can't blame her for wanting to protect herself." She reasoned.

"Just show her you are nice and don't want to hurt her." She advised.

"Okay but what if she never likes me and treats me like a drill sergeant." I told her.

"She won't, you shouldn't expect too much from her and go slow." She told me with her hands on my cheeks.

"Okay, let's go." I said with a short kiss at the end then grabbed her hand to lead her back to our table.

"Hey, where's y'all go?" Demi asked.

"We were just talking about some important business." I told her with a smile.

"Well, I hope you got that sorted." She said.

"Rachel baby, what do you want to eat?" Demi asked.

"But you just fed me?" She said with a tilt if her head.

When she said that, I'm positive she broke all our hearts. Demi's more than anyone's.

"Rachel, the last time you ate was at eight o'clock last night." Demi told her with a sad face.

"Yeah, and you want to feed me again? Am I sick again?" She asked.

"No, baby but it isn't healthy to only eat once a day." She told the broken little girl.

"But daddy, said little girls don't eat unless they want to play games." She stated with a scared look pointed at me.

I couldn't help but feel anger and sad. Sad, because this little girl has gone threw so much in her short life, more than most people her age and she still struggles from it even though she is out of that situation. And anger, at whoever was the one who put a little girl in that situation and anger at whoever has touched that little girl in front of me. That moment I swore on my life, I would protect this little girl.

Demi pulled Rachel further into her and hugged her. I could tell Rachel was confused by the sudden motion but hugged back anyways.

"Rachel, I am not your daddy, that means I don't have the same rules, okay?" Demi told her.

"Okay, Demi." She said not letting go.

We all smiled fondly at the two but then the waiter came. We all ordered and Demi ordered for Rachel. 'This little girl has been through so much'. In that moment I knew that I would never let anyone hurt her again, ever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(A/N: I am officially 15! My birthday was yesterday and I hope you had a good time with your family.
Love you!)
Thanks for reading hope you had a great holiday.