Bath Time

[RACHEL'S POV]

After the Marissa left Demi started to dry us off. Somehow Rex got wet to so it made him smelly and dirty. Demi said that she didn't have any doggie soap so she was going to have to use her soap that smelt weird. Luckily I remembered that mommy always kept some doggie soap in my bag just in case.

"Demi do you know where my bag is?" I asked

"Yah let me go get it." She said as she walked out if the room.

She came back two minutes later with my dirty old backpack in her hands and handed it to me.

"Thank you." I said with a small smile.

"You are very welcome." She said with an even bigger smile.

I dug through the bag and pulled out the vanilla and ginger scented soap and waves it infront if Demi's face.

"YES! Now I don't have to use mine." She exclaimed while taking it from me and kissing it making me giggle.

"Oh sorry did you wants some?" She said with a smile then bent down and kissed the top my head and blowing air into my cheek.

"Okay, now that we got the kisses down, let's get to washing Rexy. Rex, come." She said while she picked me up and I grabbed the towl.

We walked outside and Demi set me down and grabbed a weird wiggly thing that was connected to the wall. She turned a faucet and water came rushing out of it. I watched her curiously while holding onto Rex who sat down patiently next to me.

"Okay, the water is ready, now let's get Rexy ready." She said while clapping her hands together and walking over to us.

I rose up my arm keeping my hand flat while saying stand and he obeyed within seconds.

"Whoa." Demi said with her eyebrows raised which made me giggle for the hundredth time to day.

I took off his collar scratched the back of his neck where the fur was all flat. His leg started to bounce and Demi and I let out a small laughs.

"Okay, let's see how well this goes."

[2 hours later]

"REX SIT! REX STAY! REX NO!" Demi yelled as a very wet and soapy Rex jumped on her and licked her face effectively making her and I go into a laughing fit

She eventually got Rex off of her and she sprayed me the cold water that came from the green thingy. I let out a small squeak and started to laugh again.

Eventually we got Rex washed and dried but by then we were soaking wet and full of soap. Demi was more wet then me because she was washing him and I was drying.

It was now 9:30pm and we were watching T.V. and eating something that both looked and tasted weird. She called it "pizza" and it was okay but different. I ate it because I was scared that if I didn't I would get in trouble.

"Okay kiddo, I think it's time for bed because it's late and I don't want to be an irresponsible adult." She said in a funny voice and putting her hands on her hips then she picked me up and took me onto the room we were in before. She pulled the covers back with me still on her hip and laid me down gently. Then Rex came and jumped on my bed so he can go under my head and lay down. Demi giggled at our position then kissed both of our heads.

"You guys are to cute." She said with a smile on her face.

"Good night sweetheart." She said as she made her way to the door and turning off the light before leaving with the door just cracked open.

I closed my eyes and waited for my nightmares to come and get me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading. Hope you have a happy day/night.